Merchandising Specialist I
At Spoonflower (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) our mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home décor. Spoonflower’s global marketplace connects our customers to more than 1 million designs by independent artists from around the world.
The role of the Merchandising Specialist I is to support all Spoonflower product categories through executing merchandising functions, such as pricing, assortment, and lifecycle management. This role is part of the larger Merchandising team who oversees the full lifecycle of all product sold on the site.
The Merchandising Specialist will report to the Manager of Category Management and work closely with cross-functional teams. The role includes management of tasks that ensure the success of the business across multiple channels. A successful candidate will have experience in category management processes, understanding of the FBTY and wallpaper industry, and strong business acumen.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Support development and maintain seasonal assortment line plans inclusive of all required product data. Maintain product data on ecommerce platforms.
- Perform on-going competitive analysis research on assortment and pricing strategies. Assist in developing proposed assortment and pricing strategy for Spoonflower.com categories.
- Understand product margins. Partner with cross-functional teams to meet margin, quality, and turn time goals. Identify areas for cost savings.
- Assist in creating action plans and cross-functional calendar to meet category goals. Effectively communicate and manage strategy with marketing channel partners.
- Proficiently compile information, methodically analyze situations from start to finish, and effectively communicate with partners.
- Take ownership of special projects as assigned.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree (BS, BA) preferred
- Merchandising & category management experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Outstanding organization
- Exhibits a bias towards action
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands
- Articulate, concise and professional written and verbal communications
- Ability to gather, analyze, provide insights and make recommendations
from information and to become proficient in using tools to extract data
- Entrepreneurial with the understanding of true ownership of a business or category - ability to think quick and make pivots based on an evolving story
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.