Manufacturing Project Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
Shutterfly Operations is seeking a Manufacturing Project Manager to join the team in driving key strategic initiatives in line with our company vision. The position will provide functional project management services within internal manufacturing and support new product integration projects, by partnering with a variety of x-functional teams. The position is dynamic and fast paced.
What You'll Do Here:
- Tactically own and execute on multiple projects within a program which includes driving meeting cadences to receive status updates within active projects
- Be able to drive conversation to identify project milestones, as well as the details and actions needed in order to complete those milestones to deliver projects on time
- Responsible to manage and maintain project status updates and schedules on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis within project management software
- Identify and escalate project risks and issues and help drive communication for decision points and mitigation/resolution between cross functional teams
- Represent and advocate on behalf of Manufacturing, within cross-functional project calls, effectively understanding and communicating impacts of decisions.
- Work on continuous improvement opportunities or gaps within the manufacturing processes
- Will work cross-functionally with teams and communicate project information and deliverables down to manufacturing teams while holding teams accountable to ensuring project scope, objectives and success metrics are well defined, understood and measured
- Understand interdependencies between manufacturing, operations and business needs
The Skills You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of project management experience on progressively more complex manufacturing projects, and building appropriate processes and tools
- Industrial or Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred
- Naturally organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Energetic and passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
- Self-Starter. Needs to be able to navigate and seek out information independently as well as troubleshoot
- Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management. Comfortable presenting to executives
- Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done
- Ideal candidates will have experience with both Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Formal project management training (PMP) are a plus, but hands-on experience is highly preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have knowledge and experience with Jira, Smartsheet, MS office, and Confluence.
- Background in industries related to manufacturing or printing.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills, and experience, we want to work with you!