Sr. Employee Communications Manager
The purpose of Shutterfly, Inc.’s Communications and Engagement team is to ensure all employees understand Shutterfly’s strategic direction and goals, and feel connected to the business and Shutterfly’s culture. Shutterfly is looking for a Communications and Engagement team member to drive innovative, educational and inspiring content and programs for our employee population. This role works closely with leadership in both a strategic and executional capacity to plan, organize and implement internal communications to ensure consistent, quality communication to all key audiences.
In addition to creating strong relationships with stakeholders and partners across the business, the ideal candidate is energetic, has creative ideas to share, and is comfortable managing multiple priorities and tasks.
Role & Responsibilities
This full-time position will report to the Sr. Director Employee Communications, and will be located in our Redwood City, CA, office or our Eden Prairie, MN, office. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage, influence and contribute to strategies that support internal communication across the organization.
- Work with executive leadership, business units and functional partners to develop, manage and execute internal communications plans that ensure consistent communication of enterprise information that supports company strategy, drives employee engagement and helps employees at all levels to understand the direction of the company.
- Write and develop content tailored to the specific medium and audience requirements (e.g., emails, speeches, scripts, talking points, etc.) and manage the process to deliver on all aspects of content development (e.g., research, interaction with cross-functional teams, approvals, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with partners across multiple functions including HR, marketing, PR, and operations.
- Partner with internal event teams to execute company meetings.
- Manage internal communications through development of intranet opportunities and web tools.
- Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- 10 years or more experience in employee communications, PR, or editorial writing.
- Creative thinker. Experience managing creative employee engagement programs.
- Confident communicator. Strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills including company-wide emails, social content, and internal presentations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment; flexible in meeting deadlines and urgent requests.
- Ability to prioritize between numerous high-profile projects and responsibilities.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Highly motivated, accountable, works well individually and on a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.