Principal Network Cloud Engineer
This is an exciting time to be a part of Shutterfly’s technology team. We are migrating to the cloud and onboarding SnapFish following our recent acquisition. These situations make this a critical position on the Shutterfly Team. This is a senior level role, making architectural decisions, publishing design documentation, developing POC success criteria, directing technology refresh decisions and focusing on the delivery of network infrastructure for Shutterfly. Shutterfly is migrating from physical datacenter computing to cloud based computing. Primary day-to-day responsibilities will include working with engineering leadership, business stakeholders, doing assessments, design builds and plan reviews. Have a working knowledge of industry-leading cloud offerings, leveraging AWS and Azure. As a Principal Network Cloud Engineer, you will be involved in all critical network projects and architectural duties of the network team as we continue to operate and grow.
The Principal Network Cloud Engineer will lead in network design, publish design standards, produce design documentation, assist with implementation and at times execute network changes. The role publishes road maps and participate as an active member on the network council. Able to provide expert technical direction for cloud resiliency, reliability and transparency. This role is accountable for the design and lifecycle of firewalls, routers, load balancers, switching, and cloud-based network infrastructure. Other duties may include NetFlow troubleshooting and packet analysis.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Establish network architecture and standards for both physical and cloud networking
- Subject Matter Expert in AWS Public cloud, including professional experience designing and operating solutions built on AWS at enterprise scale
- Demonstrated professional competence in the principles and practices of Cloud architectures
- Establish baselines that align with network engineering and best practices across our network technologies.
- Assessment of existing network devices, configurations and will recommend any improvements.
- Work with application teams to design and develop network services
- Network application support for Business Units
- Maintains and accepts ownership of assigned Service Now tickets
- Troubleshoots, resolves network issues and exhibits urgency when responding to a SEV1 incident
- Verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentations for all levels of management combined with strong collaboration and influencing abilities are required
- 10+ years network design/engineering and 4+ years of Cloud Engineering experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Cloud design, migration and operation experience
- Working experience with Terraform or other infrastructure coding software
- Hands-on experience with multiple networking technologies including Cisco, Palo Alto, Citrix, Vmware, Wireless (WLC or Meraki)
- Ability to produce technical documentation
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, solid TCP/IP & BGP knowledge
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Passion to make a difference to the business and protect our brand
- Must be well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude