Application Support Engineer- Contractor
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Application Support Engineer I to join our team of committed IT professionals. Shutterfly is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of application systems in operation, including tasks related to monitoring, identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Performs daily monitoring of job movement through production applications
● Identifies when reported issues are global in nature and escalate
● Identifies gaps in existing support procedures and work instructions, then collaborate with others to fix them
● Assists with seasonal readiness tasks and product testing with new software releases
● Attends daily stand-ups to learn about new production issues
● Creates and escalates issues through ServiceNow ticketing system
● Articulates to peers and leadership teams what impact existing production issues have to the business
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
● Assists with QA testing as needed
● Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned
● Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent related experience.
● 3-5 years of experience in supporting application systems
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
● Independent thinker with strong problem-solving skills
● Demonstrated technical background
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate the business needs into technical requirements
● Ability to work under pressure with a high sense of urgency
● Ability to meet deadlines, to ensure jobs ship out on time
● Proactive approach
● Ability to build strong relationships; collaborates with others