Hybris Solution Architect
BorrowLenses (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) is where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. They fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, action-oriented leader/ Solution Architect to lead our internal development of our SAP Commerce Cloud instance and work closely with the GM and the leadership team to own the vision, development, and implementation of our technology solutions.
You will work closely with the General Manager and the Sr Director of Ecommerce to innovate on our platform and strengthen the CX for our B2C rental business customers, while also partnering with the Director of Operations to improve operating efficiency and drive margin improvements in our WMS and OMS. You will work closely with the Product Manager, our Sr Manager of Customer Service, and our PMO, and partner across other Shutterfly technical teams including NOC, InfoSec, IT, etc.
This position will be highly visible and plays a critical leadership role. Reporting into the VP and General Manager of BorrowLenses, your direct reports include an onshore engineering manager and an offshore team of 5-7 through a staff augmentation model. This is a hands-on-role technical role as a leader within a small, driven team. The expectation of your days include strategy planning, leading a technical team, and some occassional hands-on coding and solution development.
What you will do here:
- Lead the company's technical solutions, including the implementation of SAP Commerce Cloud introducing the overall technical vision and defining the best tech solutions to meet business requirements.
- Lead the company's key stakeholders through the development process, through defining features, development phases and solution requirements, and providing specifications according to which the solution is defined managed and delivered.
- Lead the company's engineering team, including coaching and support the onshore Engineer Manager in both technical and mentoring their career development, and hiring, coaching and providing technical support to the offshore team
- Provide support, technical explanations and create technical documentation as necessary
- Identify opportunities to re-engineer/integrate existing processes
- Maintain awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how those contribute to achieving quality objectives
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
- Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support as required by the team.
- Mentor and coach junior developer resources.
What you will bring:
- 8+ years professional development experience with at least 5 years of experience on Java and Spring
- Min of 2-3 years team leadership experience
- Proven hands-on experience with SAP Commerce Cloud / Hybris core architecture, cockpits, impex, and back-office customization
- 3+ years of SAP hybris 6.0+ commerce development experience
- At least one Hybris implementation (preferably B2C is strongly desired)
- Extensive application integration experience using API/Microservices
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and code quality standards
- Knowledge of browser compatibility issues and of CSS support for both modern and legacy browsers
- Experience building rich client experiences (web/mobile and or desktop)
- Good understanding of DevOps/CICD processes and agile methodology
- Experience coaching and training team-mates strongly desired
- Passion for photography or videography is a plus!
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities, location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations listed and may not be applicable to other locations. California: [$128,700-$181,250] Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$128,700-$166,650] Colorado and Washington: [$128,700-$154,650] Nevada: [$120,500-$166,650] This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/