At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Snapfish was built to help people archive and share photos. For almost 2 decades, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world store and share photos with one another. With over a 90 people using the service globally, a career at Snapfish offers countless ways to make an impact in an organization that holds memories and stories throughout the world for generations to come.
Lead Designer, International
In this position, you will be the lead designer for Snapfish International sites within the Snapfish Merchandising Design Team. This includes managing designers and designs to support Snapfish UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. You will work closely with the Merchandising Design Manager, Creative Project Manager, and US Lead Designer to facilitate and execute on all design requests and projects specifically relating to Snapfish International.
You’ll use and create visual assets such as backgrounds, embellishments, fonts, and photography to concept designs for our diverse range of products and will help art direct team of designers to do the same. You’ll need to keep the pulse of modern design trends, be detail-minded and produce high-quality, well-organized design files. You will act as a design leader by working with requestors and project manager to gather appropriate trend/competitive analysis and sales data to provide designers with direction on desired style and tone of design projects.
- Create strong designs and for full range of Snapfish products by making original illustrations and typography, and utilizing fonts, purchased artwork assets, backgrounds, layouts, and stock photography.
- Supervise Designers/Junior Designers and contractors on Merchandising Design team.
- Work with senior management and cross functional teams to understand priorities and company goals as they relate to product design.
- Develop design concept and approach, and determine overall style and tone for projects, clearly articulating goal to designers and providing direction where needed.
- Conduct trend analysis, competitive research, and review sales data to create informed creative briefs for product design project kick-offs.
- Manage all steps in the design process and work with stakeholders to get approvals and meet deadlines alongside Project Manager.
- Review designs, artwork, and graphics created by designers.
- Work within merchandising team to curate designs across Snapfish International contexts.
- Follow established naming conventions and organize/upload files on Dropbox server to share with all regions.
- Stay current with latest software updates (Adobe Suite).
- Train new designers on Snapfish internal tools and processes.
- Locate and archive assets and gather photography independently.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic, work collaboratively, and apply design feedback with a positive attitude (Ideal Team Player).
The ideal candidate has:
- Positive attitude, team player, and creative spark
- Digital portfolio required
- Skills working with photos on personalized products such as photo books, calendars, wall decor (posters, canvas, panels), and photo gifts (mugs, etc.) or related type of experience
- High-level design skills that reinforce the Snapfish brand and reach target audience
- High-level typography skills
- Photo curation skills to create story lines for customized products
- Deep experience with photo layout design (portfolio must reflect this experience)
- Previous management experience a plus
- Experience implementing designs
- Awareness of current trends, industry competitors, and design styles
- Resourcefulness and ability to locate and archive assets independently
- Ability to self-manage projects and timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively and incorporate actionable feedback from key stakeholders with a great, positive attitude
- Great communication skills: written + verbal
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite software a must
- Knowledge of capabilities of Snapfish online builder tools
- Education: 4-year design degree is preferred but not required if portfolio reflects the type of design we are looking for
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Graphic Designer required
- Passion, Integrity, and Energy!