Sewing Machine Operator
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
Do you love to sew? Have you always wanted to turn a hobby into a full-time profession, or do you have a career in sewing? Shutterfly is looking for creative individuals with a background in sewing to join our Operations team! As a Sewing Machine Operator, you would help serve Spoonflowers fast growing community of designers, fabric lovers, and imaginative customers with a specific role in sewing the home décor products that are sold on Shutterfly/Spoonflower websites. This position may assist with basic floor operations such as: cutting fabric, packing and preparing complete orders, and shipping, but the main responsibility is sewing home decor products with a focus on quality and efficiency.
What You'll Do Here:
- Sew home décor products including curtains, blankets, pillows and more.
- Cut and mark fabric to prepare orders to be sewn.
- Operate industrial sewing machines and other equipment safely and productively.
- Sew products in a timely manner with high quality and consistency.
- Quickly learn how to sew new products and master new processes that may be introduced to production.
- Utilize computer admin system and shipping software to ship finished orders to customers as needed
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Experience with sewing and sewing machines including, but not limited to, sergers and industrial level machines.
- Basic computer literacy for the operation of our internal and shipping software, and admin functions using iPads and computers.
- Ability to ensure that sewing achieved meets Shutterfly's quality and production standards.
- Capacity to work 12 hour shifts while completing repetitive tasks.
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks accrued per year) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for pay increases
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- Casual, relaxed attire
- Competitive Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.