K-12 Sales Professional - San Diego, CA
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day”, Lifetouch has captured the unique personalities of children and families for more than 85 years.
As a Sales Professional you will sell and promote Lifetouch portrait programs, products, and services to prospective and current businesses within assigned sales territory and manage customer relationships to meet and exceed set sales expectations. Directly responsible for developing long-term relationships to preserve and grow existing customer base.
Gain New Business (Primary Focus 60%+)
- Builds long-lasting customer relationships
- Generates new business with prospects
- Proactively prospects and cultivates customer relationships and grows revenue by achieving activity, prospecting strategy, and pipeline management expectations within assigned territory
- Sells the full portfolio of Lifetouch products including Picture Day, Prestige (Seniors), Yearbook, Commencements, Sports etc.
- Utilizes the Company’s CRM tool (i.e. Salesforce) in accordance with established procedures (includes documenting all sales activities within the system)
- Maximizes productivity by effective scheduling of appointments and geographic routing
- Participates in ongoing training as provided and required by the Company and effectively demonstrates skills post-training
- Maintains, completes, and submits paperwork/reports, including weekly sales logs, call reports, account files, account recovery forms in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Keep up with trends, changes, and competitor actions that might affect customer base
Retain & Grow Existing Business (Secondary Focus)
- Maintains and strengthens long-lasting relationships with existing customers
- Rebooks business in assigned accounts following company rebooking guidelines
- Leverages existing relationships within current accounts to grow our business by upselling additional products and services into the account
- Provides exceptional customer service support to all assigned accounts by building and managing long term relationships with current accounts through regularly scheduled service calls and site visits
- Forecasts and tracks customer account metrics
- Assists with data collection from accounts as required
- Completes accurate sales agreements for orders, including pricing and payment terms in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Service multiple accounts concurrently, ensuring deadlines and needs are met
- Maintains and updates current product, service, and pricing knowledge; acts as the point of contact and provides quality product, program, and service information to accounts in a timely manner
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Three to Five years of proven outside sales experience years; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Proven selling skills specifically related to growing existing accounts and/or acquiring new business, with the ability to identify unique customer needs
- Experience using Salesforce or some other type of CRM system
- Results-focused with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals
- Strong persuasive skills, specifically related to maintaining existing business
- Strong organizational and time management skills
It’s helpful but not required:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and training
- Prior experience working in the Educational Arena
Why You’ll Love Working at Shutterfly Lifetouch, LLC:
- Competitive benefits starting on your first day of employment (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Discretionary Time Off (DTO), which allows you to take time off as needed.
- Fully vested 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match on Day 1.
- Ongoing training to develop your skills and grow your career (Sandler Sales Training).
- Competitive base salary plus commissions and a car allowance.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise + discounts across our family of brands.
At Shutterfly, our culture is based on our core values: Own It, Move Fearlessly, Embrace Our Differences, Zoom Out, Explore New Angles, and they are integrated to the work we do every day. If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.