Business Intelligence Analyst
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
What You'll Do Here:
The Business Intelligence team partners with Shutterfly’s Marketing, Finance, Operations and Business teams to design and develop reports and dashboards that drive business decisions. The Sr. Business Intelligence Developer supports Business partners by utilizing knowledge of company data structure and experience with BI tools to provide insightful reporting solutions using Tableau. This role requires an individual with strong technical and analytical skills, good communication skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player who is detail oriented, enjoys problem solving, can work independently and understands the full BI reporting development process. This role will spend time in both a project management capacity where others will develop the report as well as developing reports themselves.
What You'll Bring:
Great to Haves (Your Skills)
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage BI projects from start to finish, gather information and requirements from business partners on BI initiatives, translate requirements into project plans, track project status within Jira, set expectations and communicate with business partners, and ensure final deliverables meet business partner’s needs.
- You have designed, developed, and maintained reporting and business intelligence solutions using Tableau reporting software while leveraging visualization best practices.
- You have written complex SQL queries to build performant extracts in Tableau.
- You have participated in QC/QA and UAT processes.
- You have worked with data teams to deliver solutions for reporting needs.
Great to Haves (Your Background)
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field and 3+ years’ experience in business intelligence, primarily working with the latest versions of Tableau.
- Advanced Tableau user with experience designing dashboards leveraging visualization best practices.
- Proficient with SQL; familiar with database design; experience working with large data sets.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to independently validate / triangulate data and analysis.
- Able to prioritize multiple requests while completing deliverables on time. Self-motivated and can work independently. Ability to troubleshoot, track, and resolve day-to-day issues.
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment. Passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.