Principal Product Manager - Partners
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Snapfish was built to help people archive and share photos. For almost 2 decades, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world store and share photos with one another. With over a 90 people using the service globally, a career at Snapfish offers countless ways to make an impact in an organization that holds memories and stories throughout the world for generations to come.
Are you passionate about building a robust, consumer centric ecommerce platform? Working with external stakeholders to create Mobile and Web experiences to delight consumers? Do you have expertise in gathering and evaluating complex consumer, business, and system requirements, and transforming them into clear and concise user stories to support the delivery of a world class service oriented platform? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
The Product Organization in Shutterfly is looking for a Product Manager who is an expert in building web and responsive consumer products for our partners across the platform. Also, the person should have experience working with external clients and stakeholders in developing various initiatives. The Senior Product Manager should be knowledgeable about industry practices and technologies related to ecommerce platform services and preferably on the end to end customer experience.
This individual will help drive the product roadmap and development within the Partners domain while working with other Product Managers in the organization to drive company initiatives. The Senior Product Manager’s goal is to understand the client’s goals and initiatives, create requirements and work with the product engineering team to transform those requirements into live functional capabilities on our customer facing sites. This product manager will be the first source of information about the problem domain for the team, and the go to person for information and prioritization of their work. This role will have crucial influence on the entire system, and will collaborate with multiple business and technical stakeholders, both internal and external to the company, in defining solutions that enable all sites on the platform to run smoothly and efficiently.
As a Product Manager, you will serve as a strategic partner between the external partner, business stakeholders, and technical development teams to drive innovation with a goal of providing a robust and scalable ecommerce platform.
- Being the "go to" person for domain information to provide timely information and decisions.
- Doing business case analysis, obtaining acceptance and alignment from stakeholders for the recommended enhancements, documenting requirements along with prioritization, and working with technology team to deliver the enhancement that generates business value.
- Supporting product initiatives and customer experience from ideation to rollout.
- Analyzing consumer behavior data from web and mobile sites to drive product decisions.
- Leading requirements modeling sessions, including requirements envisioning within an Agile team, specifically defining and writing user stories and acceptance criteria for platform and product enhancements.
- Managing requirements and dependencies with other teams, negotiating and reprioritizing as appropriate.
- Providing demonstrations of implemented solutions to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Collaborating to define, analyze and communicate product roadmaps that are aligned with business objectives and supported with business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of product ownership and other agile processes.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or other relevant field, ideally with a combination of business and technical experience
- 3-5 years of product management experience building consumer facing web and mobile products
- 3-5 years of external client experience in managing roadmaps and product development
- 10 years of experience in full lifecycle software development, preferably familiar with web application development
- 4 years of experience with Agile implementation methodologies