Sr. Financial Analyst (Automation Analyst-SQL, tableau)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Sr. Finance Analyst partners with Shutterfly's FP&A team to support ad hoc data needs, automate if possible and build dashboards. This person will in the longer term also deliver insightful analysis that drives business decisions and impacts results.
What You'll Do Here:
- Create, maintain, and publish KPI Dashboards; provide reporting requirements to BI team that meet Finance team’s needs
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationship with cross-functional Finance and Business partners
- Participate in weekly analytics meetings and build solid understanding of the business
- Build and maintain domain expertise in relevant data sets and industry best practices
- Provide insightful answers to business questions: define analytics approach, retrieve, and manipulate data needed to perform analysis, and deliver actionable insights
What You'll Bring:
Great to Haves (Your Skills)
- Thorough understanding of Financial and Ecommerce metrics and reporting needs
- Proficient with SQL; Excel power user; experience with Adobe Analytics or another web analytics platform; experience building and publishing reports in Tableau or Power BI
- Detail oriented with ability to independently validate / triangulate data and analysis.
- Curious about what drives business trends; demonstrated capacity to learn, intellectual honesty and independent
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present results to an audience at all levels of the organization in a remote environment
Great to Haves (Your Background)
- B.S. or M.S. degree in quantitative field and 3-5 years of progressive experience in analytics, finance, strategy consulting, internet marketing, decision support, or related field
- You have written complex SQL queries to build performant extracts in Tableau
- You have participated in QC/QA and UAT processes
- You have worked with data teams to deliver solutions for reporting needs
- You’re comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving high growth environment. You have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.