Site Operations and HR Leader
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The role of Leader of Site Operations & HR will lead site operations related functions and provide people leadership for our Haifa, Israel location. This individual will act as a strategic thought partner to the executives and will have a business-focused mindset to help translate business objectives to success metrics and human capital strategies, being the on the ground oversight and providing site leadership that helps align the Haifa office with the Shutterfly global strategy and goals. In this role you will have responsibility for HR, Finance, Payroll, Facilities and Legal within our Haifa site, collaborating effectively with peers and executives in Haifa and the U.S. This is a great opportunity for a strong leader to have an impact in a strategically important product, technology and marketing site and be an instrumental pillar in the company’s growth, scale and innovation at the intersection of the people, numbers, systems and processes as enablers for success and innovation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Deliver site operations leadership as required for a global company with an Israel significant site, including setting up and maintaining an Israeli compliant site, facilities and organizational structure. Provide a high level of expertise on all Israel HR practices and applicable local employment law operations requirements, with assistance from local counsel as needed and help reimagine the employee experience for continued growth, scale and impact.
- Provide strategic HR consultative support to the Site Leadership Team working closely with all HR Center of Excellence (COE) partners and corporate executive leaders to ensure an integrated customer experience in delivering HR, Payroll and Legal services and creating and maintaining a site budget. This role will be responsible for developing and delivering world class Human Resources strategy and operational excellence for the site, utilizing extensive knowledge of the business to diagnose short-, and long-term local, regional, and cross-functional human capital needs and assure the attraction, development, and retention of top talent and alignment between the different functional and business leaders in Haifa and the overall Shutterfly strategy.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a transformational talent agenda designed to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry
- Ensure adherence to all legal requirements related to employment, facility contracts, government requirements. Manage an internal and external team across HR, wellness, finance, bookkeeping, payroll, banking, tax, legal, corporate governance and Israeli regulatory requirements, and facilities to meet overall site needs and perform any routine functions as required, based on team size.
- Manage office location vendors and other contracts and responsible for any buildouts or relocations.
- Partner with the business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, learning and development, roles and responsibilities and career paths and skills assessment
- Analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend innovative solutions to improve performance, retention, engagement and employee experience
- Support leaders in areas such as leadership development, performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits orchestration and maintenance and career development
- Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities and to address employee issues; working with people managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balanced perspective
- Assess the organization’s training needs and leverage our Learning & Development organization to meet those needs
- Build employee-friendly processes and understanding the value of being a service organization to support the company culture and values
The candidate will have the following personal characteristics:
- Comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic consumer space and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow
- Proven ability to understand the business strategy and translate into a people strategy
- Strong cross functional leadership skills and background being a site manager, operational manager or managing the finance, HR and legal local functions, preferably for a global company
- Personal commitment to the highest standards of work product, confidentiality and integrity
- Experience leading a variety of site-specific functions – specifically Legal, Finance, Payroll, Tax, HR, and Facilities
- Demonstrated ability to coach managers and leaders
- Laser focus on delivering business results
- Ability to influence and partner with all levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong business acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, initiative and ability to navigate in times of ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams
- Engagement ‘evangelist’ who understands how employee engagement directly influences business results
- Excellent collaboration skills – strong local focus with an ability to meet corporate business needs
- Ability to balance objective data and subjective observation (aka balancing ‘art and science’ to drive the best decision making)
- Agile, responsive work style, with high attention to detail
- Strong team player, with the ability to work well both within and across an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree or MBA strongly preferred
- A law degree or legal background is a plus but not required