Sales Account Executive
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Position Summary: This is an outside/field position, working primarily to service and retain a current customer base within a designated territory.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Meet sales expectations by:
- Retaining current accounts at a rate of 95% or higher.
- Driving territory sales expectations and results through the selling of additional portrait programs, products, and services to current accounts within the assigned sales area.
- Servicing and retaining accounts by addressing ongoing customer needs. Selling new accounts in assigned prospects.
- Leveraging existing relationships within current accounts to sell deeper and sell other products.
- Re-booking business at a rate of 95% or higher every year in assigned accounts following company re-booking guidelines.
- Maintaining and updating current products and services knowledge.
- Selling new accounts via assigned account prospects.
- Assisting with data collection from accounts as required (e.g., EDT).
- Attending regularly scheduled sales meetings.
- Completing accurate sales contracts for orders, including pricing and payment terms in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Utilizing and maintaining calling and prospecting activity reporting using the Account Management System.
- Maintaining, completing, and submitting paperwork/reports, including weekly sales logs, call reports, account files, account recovery forms in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Building and managing long-term relationships with current accounts through regularly scheduled service calls and portrait day visits.
- Acting as the point of contact and providing a quality product, program, and service information to accounts in a timely manner.
- Responding to accounts within 24 hours of their initial call.
- Interviewing decision-maker after portrait day to ensure customer satisfaction and identify areas for improvement (where applicable).
- Providing post picture day follow-up with host to ensure their satisfaction.
- Ensuring account files are accurate and current.
- Representing Lifetouch in a professional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and territory policies and displaying confidence and professionalism even during times of stress and in difficult situations.
- Performing other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong persuasive skills, specifically related to maintaining existing business
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills as related to acquiring new business
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Full use of dependable, insured automobile. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with provincial law.