Junior Document Composition Developer- Contractor
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly Business Solutions enables other large companies to connect with their customers by delivering enterprise level printing solutions. Our technology and manufacturing capabilities enable efficient and effective customer engagement through personalized communications.
In this role, you will implement and support a variety of data driven workflow assignments requiring adherence to and implementation of established internal procedures. Our clients consist mainly of Fortune 500 companies which require confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed. Attention to detail and accuracy are critical to being successful.
This position requires technical aptitude, the ability to track down root cause issues, and the ability to correct or escalate in a timely fashion. Perform a variety of assignments using knowledge of established programming procedures and processing requirements. Create and modify programs to comply with business rules for multiple clients.
• Design and modify programs utilizing both industry standard and custom developed data processing tools.
• Understanding the ramifications of programs and logical order of operations
• Adhere to USPS postal regulations and print on demand manufacturing specifications
• Resolve questions of program intent, data input/output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
• Work on several tasks simultaneously
• Contribute to the upkeep and consistency of internal documentation related to issues, resolutions, usage topics, and training
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed
• Proof composition output against data following to ensure accuracy of letter text, images and variable fields
• Assist in resolving internal/external inquiries related to input/output requirements, intended usage, strategic planning, and alignment of these elements to internal checks, controls, and quality assurance
• Track quality defects and ensure they are resolved
• Strong technical aptitude
• BA/BS 4 year degree preferred
• Positive and consultative demeanor
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to interact with technical and non-technical resources
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills