Manufacturing Quality Engineer
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will provide technical leadership to the Supplier & Outsourced Partner Quality Team to deploy Shutterfly Supplier Quality Manual, auditing Suppliers & Outsourced Partners, Data Analysis, Supplier Corrective Actions & Quality Audits.
What You'll Do Here:
- Work with Suppliers & Partners to significantly improve quality performance, implement process controls, quality plans and other quality tools to improve quality metrics
- Identify quality improvement projects & validate effectiveness of improvement projects
- Create, review & manage supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) for effectiveness
- Support Partner Managers by facilitating Quality reviews, data analysis and quality improvement project management
- Lead quality plan development & raw material qualification plan & execution during New Product Introduction
- 1-3 Years in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years of experience in statistical analysis, and/or project management.
- Experience within Supply Chain Organization preferred
- Competency in quality tools such as APQP, Quality Auditing, Root-Cause Analysis, Corrective Action, 8D, Mistake Proofing, Quality Standards, Control Plans, Process Controls, Pareto, Ishikawa, First Article, FMEA, Lean Principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, other technical degree with equivalent relevant experience