Marketing Content Transformation Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
You’re a strong leader in change management who finds tremendous satisfaction in improving processes that bring creative to life in a fast-paced retail environment. You are an expert facilitator of complex discussions and partnerships who can drive continuous improvement, change communication and adoption. Your background blends multiple environments including in-house content production, agency workflow, experience in Agile methodologies and proven experience rolling out transformative change.
The Marketing Content Transformation Manager reports to the VP of Creative and works directly with them and the Marketing Leadership Team in continuous improvement of how we deliver work in support of the business priorities. You contribute to refining the vision for future state of content creation and own breaking our path to transformation down into quarterly objectives and key results. You will own facilitating the realization of that vision across the enterprise and communication of the overall transformation progress. Experience in program management, organizational change and training in an ecommerce or creative environment are key.
About the Role:
Organization and multi-tasking abilities as well as excellence in communication are essential for this position. Radical collaboration across our multiple stakeholders internal to Creative and across the enterprise including Brand Planning, Ecommerce, Engineering/Product and Business leaders is essential. Over the next 12-18 months the first transformation will be focused on our operational content model supporting content development for dynamic and personalized placement on multiple channels. This spans across digital channels, affects how we plan and produce photography and other assets, how we deliver content to a centralized repository and how we behave as a culture creating scalable content vs highly bespoke efforts.
You will also own Creative team development and training initiatives in support of our continued transformation. This includes identifying the most impactful training opportunities and organizing a cadence of activities in support of our vision that impactfully invest in our talent.
We’re a Creative Department looking for the right Marketing Content Transformation Manager to join our in-house team of ego-free misfits. Our creatives are enthusiastic and high-functioning, thriving in a highly collaborative, many times quick-turn environment. Positive vibes only. Well, at least 93% of the time (we’re only human).
- Assist VP, Creative and Marketing leaders to establish transformational objectives in support of business and transformation needs, distributing and managing cadence of reporting on progress.
- Facilitate and drive continuous Creative op model improvement across the Creative team and with partners in support of the vision of the VP, Creative.
- Assist VP, Creative with communication throughout transformation, including gathering upfront requirements, communicating status and facilitation throughout (especially content operations, merch, marketing, ecomm and tech)
- Assist with software transitions in 2020 for Project Management and DAM as they pertain to content transformation
- Establish team charters and work towards ongoing stability through change, monitor team health and hotspots proactively
- Document conversations and decisions, communicating effectively and regularly about transformation efforts to leadership and all team members impacted directly or indirectly
- Plan and coordinate appropriate learning and development opportunities using existing tools (LinkedIn Learning), and bringing in speakers or trainings needed that align with team development in support of our transformation
- Assist with orchestrating and facilitating cross-functional forums and rituals that drive our work and transformation
- Tackle initiatives in support of the Marketing Leadership team’s annual business objectives, bringing forth your expertise in process, people wrangling and change management.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in change and process management, with a minimum of 3 years' experiencein ecommerce retail or similar complex content delivery environment
- Expert facilitation skills
- Expert process and program management skills
- Expertise in agile and waterfall principles
- Ability to think big and see a bigger vision, but break it down into tactical steps
- Ability to drive transformation and change without direct reporting authority
- Demonstrated ability in mapping out process and vision in visual ways for creative minds to absorb and understand
- A great attitude and flexibility towards business and its ever-changing, sometime ambiguous nature
- Strong and credible problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented, proactive approach
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!