Creative Services Specialist I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
You love details and documentation. You have a bit of experience in digital marketing, but recognize there’s much more to learn! Innately curious and a self-starter, you’re responsive and proactive. You’re often described as someone who is driven by precision. You never miss a detail, due to your great eye and highly organized workstyle. You’re a naturally critical thinker and have identified project management as a career path to hone those skills. You’re comfortable under pressure and respect creativity as much as a deadline.
We’re a Creative Department looking for a Creative Services Specialist to join our in-house team of ego-free misfits. Our producers, operations specialists and creatives are enthusiastic and thrive in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turn environment. Positive vibes only. Well, at least 93% of the time (we’re only human).
About the Role:
The Creative Services Project Management Specialist supports Creative Producers with seamless intake and execution of marketing projects, with a primary focus on site, app, promo, display, advertising, and social media. You will be responsible for accurate input of project timelines, details, and assignments within our project management software. As shifts happen within the creative process, it will be your responsibility to keep data fresh and accurate. Creative Producers will work collaboratively with you to resolve potential challenges/blockers as you proactively identify and escalate. You and the Creative Producers work as a team to smooth workflow process for creatives and internal partners. This role is part of a larger Creative Services Operations team. Reports to the Manager, Creative Services Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (but will accept adequate experience in lieu of formal education).
- 1+ years’ experience in creative project management for an agency or in-house creative department.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Interest in digital project management (mobile, email, social media, web site).
- Working knowledge of project management software required (experience with Clarizen a big plus).
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience developing comprehensive schedules and timelines for multiple projects.
- Highly Proficient with MS Office is a must.
- Interest in &/or understanding of basic creative and executional process of digital and print marketing.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities with shifting priorities.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities with a strong innate sense of urgency.
- Able to react quickly and be adaptable to inevitable changes and shifts.
- Ability to identify & raise concerns
- Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Discretion in handling confidential materials and issues.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Patience and infectious, positive attitude with a collaborative approach.
- Low ego, balanced with confidence and a healthy sense of personal drive, ambition and ownership.
- A great attitude and flexibility towards business and its ever-changing, sometimes ambiguous nature.
- Strong problem solver/solutions oriented.
- Sense of humor and the ability to have fun doing what you love.