eCommerce Data Marketing Analyst (Sr. Data Analyst II)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace.
Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their artwork, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs. The community of designers and shoppers who make up Spoonflower is central to what we do. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern and personalization. At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody -- like our customers -- a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members competitive benefits, support of continuing education, the chance to learn new skills and to move within the company, and a dynamic and flexible company culture.
What You'll Do Here:
The eCommerce Data and Insights Manager will be responsible for leading Spoonflower’s eCommerce marketing data analytics and insights. This includes interpreting data related to sales trends, business performance, customer behavior and segmentation across marketing programs. This also includes the management and ownership of the Google Analytics data suite (including GA360, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Google Adwords, Google Optimize, etc), as well as implementations and connections to our full Marketing tech stack.
- Manage data needs and strategy related to overall business KPIs, and create/maintain weekly, monthly, and quarterly business dashboards to measure and analyze performance.
- Lead the marketing team in data analysis, measurement and strategies to drive new customer acquisition
- Develop Spoonflower’s approach to attribution to better understand customer behavior and program performance. Use attribution modeling to drive insights and recommendations for marketing spend and the ability to scale and grow both new and existing programs.
- Be the marketing data lead for all new programs and product launches with the product and engineering teams ensuring we’re connecting all needed data sources and set up to extract insights and opportunities that will drive marketing business decisions.
- Lead the marketing team in data management, reporting, and analytics that support the business and marketing strategy in an efficient and effective manner, including reporting creation and automation, data integrity, and streamlining of processes.
- Manage the implementation, budgets, contracts, deliverables and vendors/partnerships for marketing tools and partners related to our marketing analytics and tech stack (ie. Delve/GA 360, SuperMetrics, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally to support the Performance Marketing, Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Product Management and Customer Service teams to get accurate, clear data, make data-driven decisions, pull insights and increase our overall site conversion and marketing performance globally based on outlined goals.
- Partner with the Data and Engineering teams to connect Spoonflower’s data sources (ie. GA360, Looker, Zendesk, database, etc.) together to drive a global view of ecommerce and customer data.
- Partner with Marketing channel managers to create, maintain and optimize reporting and dashboards for all marketing and business performance KPIs, coach/train team on how to leverage site data to increase the effectiveness of all channels to reach goals.
- Analyze and interpret web analytics data using Google Analytics (sales funnel, conversion analysis, traffic, etc.) across our channels to understand insights and trends, and report monthly to the marketing, product and executive teams
- Support team in building and optimizing data models, including daily, monthly and annual sales forecasting and analysis across the business in order to drive strategic projects and priorities
- Drive a test-and-learn culture within the marketing team. Work with the teams on how to build hypotheses, pull data, and drive customer insights, while building an infrastructure to test and iterate more quickly and effectively.
- Manage the implementation and requirements building for Google Tag Manager for organizational-wide programs, and collaborate with product owners and site developers to optimize and modify existing tagging infrastructure and data-layers
What You'll Bring:
- A BA/BS and a minimum of 5 years of experience as marketing analyst performing related job duties
- A self-driven mindset and the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and experience working in large data sets to analyze data using pivot tables and raw data, and measuring ecommerce digital marketing performance
- Demonstrated experience with technical implementations and troubleshooting technical challenges
- Proven track record of building relationships and effectively communicating to key stakeholders as well as internal and external partners.
- Strong statistics skills and advanced experience with SQL, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage your workload efficiently. A self-driven mindset and the ability to work independently
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills, have a passion for data driven decision making, thrive on challenges, and have a proven history of successfully and consistently leading projects to achieve targets and objectives
- Desire and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and changing priorities. The ability to adapt and effectively handle and adjust to changes in priorities and assignments.
- Experience analyzing and testing different attribution models for digital marketing programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences . Ability to adapt communication style appropriately.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally in a mid-sized, high-growth organizations with the ability to work cross-functionally with key external and internal partners such as marketing, product, engineering, finance, and customer service teams
- For internal candidates, you must have at least one year of experience at Spoonflower or have been in your most recent job for one year before being eligible to apply
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.