Lead Software Quality Engineer
Shutterfly Business Solutions (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) enables other large companies to connect with their customers by delivering enterprise level printing solutions. Our technology and manufacturing capabilities enable efficient and effective customer engagement through personalized communications.
What You’ll Do Here:
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) is seeking a Lead Software Quality Engineer to join the development team to support line of business applications. The role is a key part of the Software Development team and has complete ownership of QA function for the M&R application suite.
Role split: Hands-on manual testing (40%), QA team management and mentoring (30%), cross-functional team co-ordination and planning (30%).
- Own and support QA function for all M&R App Releases (including deploying code)
- Responsible for End-to-End Program Testing – onsite cross-functional
- Improve overall QA process (Customer Focus, Test Planning, Coverage, Metrics)
- Improve cross-functional Collaboration and Co-ordination within Dev teams and other partner teams.
- Lead, Mentor and coach QA team – team should be able to operate independently and should have strong App and Domain knowledge
- Assist Sr. Manager with QA employee management (goals, performance, metrics)
- Own and ensure Test Environment is clean and operational
- Implement and publish Monthly QA KPIs/Metrics
- Work with the team to develop and maintain automation test strategy and frameworks
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years overall Quality Assurance experience
- 4+ years experience leading a QA team (including offshore team members)
- 3+ years experience implementing QA process experience (Test Strategy, Planning, Coverage, Metrics)
- Experience working with remote software development teams
- Experience co-ordinating QA function with cross-functional teams
- Experience with website testing (SPA, responsive design, cross-browser)
- Experience with web-services testing (Java, Unix, SQL, REST, SOAP)
- Ability to adhere to timelines and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Good leadership and communication skills
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Agile SDLC processes (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail, GIT, and Bitbucket or similar tools
- Strong customer focus and owner mindset
- Good to have experience with Selenium and/or other automation tools working on code bases consisting of Java, Angular
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $96,600.00. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.