At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The Marketplace team is focused on building tools and services for the Artist; bringing their art to life through an easy-to-use platform, state-of-the-art image processing, and distribution channels and strategies that ensure consistency and quality. The Artist Community and Design Marketplace at Spoonflower and Shutterfly is expansive, ever-growing, and rich, and we aspire to be the premier destination for Artists to monetize their creativity.
The UX Associate, Marketplace & Artist Platform will partner with cross functional scrum teams to bring this vision to fruition in a dynamic, agile, and iterative way. The charter for user experience and interaction spans all parts of the Marketplace offering, including but not limited to the design management experience, design challenges voting interface, image tagging and scaling tools, and feeds distribution. We are looking for a passionate and highly collaborative UX Associate, passionate about delivering a great platform and product to our customers. If you are interested in joining a dynamic, kind, and collaborative team - we would love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Conduct research on industry, domain, and competitor best practices for modern UX/UI approaches
- Design, conduct, and analyze User surveys, User tests, A/B tests, Card sorts, UX/UI audits
- Translate findings to define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Participate in (and eventually lead) cross-team workshops
- Design mockups in low fidelity (wireframes) and high fidelity (full visual design)
- Design/build rough prototypes (Figma)
- Help develop, maintain, and expand the Spoonflower Marketplace UI library/design system and our UX processes and toolbox
- Work within an agile development framework (Scrum or Kanban, working in two-week sprints)
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 1-5 years of professional experience in UX research and UI design
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in UX/UI-related course of study preferred. Online immersive studies or bootcamp-style programs as well as self-learning will also be considered. As a self-learner, please be prepared to talk specifically about the resources you have used and the steps you have taken in your journey.
- A portfolio demonstrating your UX/UI work for websites, web applications, and/or mobile apps, preferably demonstrating process as well as end results. Hypothetical or learning-based projects are ok, though actual real-world projects will carry the most weight.
- Familiarity with at least some of the tools we use: Slack, Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Google Analytics, Google Docs/Sheets, CrazyEgg, Mural or Miro, Maze, Mindmeister, Jira, Typeform, Optimal Workshop
- Strong foundational skills in core design and usability principles
- An understanding of UI libraries/design systems and why they’re important
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- A welcoming attitude toward critique/feedback and an excitement in learning/growing day by day
If this aligns with your career goals, skills and experience – we want to work with you!