Senior Database Engineer
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
What You’ll Do Here:
Our database environments are complex and diverse, storing and processing tens of billions of customers images, projects and orders. We run on range of highly scalable data platforms including MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, Redshift and DynamoDB.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to inform design and deploy new products and features at scale
- Identify and promote opportunities for refactoring data stores into more relevant and cost-effective solutions
- Design and execute the migration from on-prem to cloud-based databases
- Proactively plan and provide for capacity and resilience, with a strong focus on observability
- Develop automation process and tools to deploy code and structural releases
- Resolve critical infrastructure incidents as part of on call rotation
- Provide excellent documentation and help to curate existing documentation
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- At least 6 - 8 years of experience in DBA/DBE roles on highly available and scalable SQL and NoSQL systems such as MongoDB (required), MySQL, Oracle, Postgres and DynamoDB.
- At least three years of experience working in a cloud environment (MongoDB Atlas, AWS, RDS, RDS Aurora)
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code and special considerations for persistent infra such as database
- Experience automating infrastructure deployment using tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, Jenkins etc
- Ability to work on multiple cross functional projects, balancing and reprioritizing competing objectives
- Excellent communicator and documenter
- Technical degree in computer science, software engineering or related fields
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations
listed, and may not be applicable to other locations.
California : [$119,400-169,650]
Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$119,400-155,800]
Colorado and Washington: [$119,400-143,800]
This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee
perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/