Sr. Manager, Human Resources
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
We have an exciting Senior Manager, HR opportunity available at our Tempe, Arizona facility. As the HR site leader, you will partner with HR team members in other manufacturing locations to develop and execute HR strategies that enable high performing teams across manufacturing and support functions. You will work closely with the Site Director and the leadership team to implement best practices. Your contributions will build employee engagement in ways that continue to sustain our Great-Place-to-Work culture and environment. To be successful in this role, you must actively stay current on business priorities and implement HR practices in ways that enable the success of our teams to achieve their goals. You must demonstrate strategic and analytical capabilities to influence business leaders with data-driven recommendations in areas such as labor modeling and planning, talent management, leadership development, performance management, employee relations, compensation, systems and processes, and career development. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Human Resources for Operations, based in Fort Mill, South Carolina and will work within matrixed relationships across the Shutterfly, Inc. HR team.
What You’ll Do Here:
• You manage HR based on the simplest of all philosophies; treat others as you want to be treated.
• You have a great working knowledge of manufacturing operations, as well as various other functions and manage administrative activities related to your role. You can strategize with local leadership at a high level as a true business partner then pivot and deliver HR offerings that can at times be tactical.
• You are energized by developing, managing and coaching talent.
• You understand how employee engagement influences business results and are an engagement evangelist.
• You are a trusted listener and empathetic partner when employees come to you with their suggestions, questions, and issues.
• You pride yourself on a thoughtful balance between objective data and subjective observation.
• You are a natural collaborator and positive contributor to teams.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• You will be accountable for all Shutterfly HR activities at this site.
• You will have the primary responsibility of handling employee relations activities related to employees who are assigned to the Tempe site.
• Partner with business leaders on organizational design, workforce planning, talent management, succession planning, and skills assessment.
• Review and analyze business data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
• Provide coaching to build leadership capabilities and enable managers to constructively address and resolve employee issues.
• Assist people managers and employees in navigating a range of employee relations issues ensuring a balanced perspective.
• Assess your business units’ human resources training needs and partner with our Learning & Development organization to deliver offerings.
• Build employee-friendly processes and understand the value of being a service organization.
• Partner with people managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
• Work with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives.
• Assist leaders in the development of internal programs for future growth and capabilities.
• Collaborate with remote HRBPs who may have responsibility for teams based at this site.
• Contribute to Shutterfly-wide HR project teams, as needed.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
• Demonstrated ability to coach managers and leaders
• Deep focus on delivering business results
• Ability to influence and partner with all levels of the organization to achieve results
• Strong business and HR acumen
• Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and initiative
• Exceptional understanding of manufacturing and operations HR needs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of technology teams and how to grow and develop technology leaders
Functional HR Competencies:
• Business Understanding: Ability to explore and understand business processes, financial metrics and organizational systems and structures.
• Organizational Development: Demonstrated ability to use a systems perspective to diagnose an organization and facilitate process improvements.
• Compensation and Benefits: Demonstrated ability to understand and apply total pay concepts to attract, motivate and retain key employees in the organization
• Employee Effectiveness: Demonstrated ability to keep in touch with the workforce, anticipating employee reaction and impact of business decisions
• Performance Management: Knowledge of the process of performance management that includes defining success, establishing measurements, providing feedback and rewarding performance.
• Workforce Planning: Demonstrated ability to identify the HR implications of the business plan and develop and implement solutions to meet identified needs.
• Staffing: Ability to assist the organization with the staffing process and build action plans with Staffing partners to maintain an active pipeline of talent. Can effectively close senior candidates.
• Employee Communications: Skills in developing a strategy to implement a plan to ensure effective communication channels within the divisions.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Masters Degree or MBA preferred
• Professional HR certification a plus
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in HR generalist role is required
• Demonstrated experience managing performance, coaching and assessing talent
• Able to travel, as appropriate
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.