At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best-in-class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
As the Director of SEO, you will help build a best-in-class SEO practice across technical and content SEO. You will partner with our Product and Engineering organization to establish an SEO-first implementation strategy that ensures best practices are implemented from design through launch, including automated testing and QA along the way. You’ll ensure the index is healthy and crawls are efficient and focused on the highest value pages. You will also partner closely with our eCommerce team to establish a customer-friendly (i.e. search-friendly) taxonomy structure and deep-relevant content to support strong rankings, and improve customer’s ability to find the products and information that answers their queries.
This role requires an individual with strong technical background, excellent communication skills and ability to translate business/marketing needs to technical requirements. In addition, to bringing functional SEO knowledge and strategy to the organization, you will be a strong team leader and a desired partner. You will help your team develop functional knowledge and career skills to raise and help them achieve their full potential. You will provide clear prioritization and rationale for your initiatives, and will listen and carefully consider your partner’s needs and objectives in order to find common solutions that meet the needs of the Shutterfly’s business and customers.
Required Technical skills:
- S. or M.S. degree in quantitative field and 10+ years of progressive experience in SEO, Search Marketing, Web Development, Content Marketing, or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of on-page SEO, technical SEO and search engine ranking factors
- Experience with relevant SEO tools (ex: Botify, Screaming Frog, GSC, Brightedge, SEM Rush, etc.) and web analytics tools (ex: Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.)
- Experience building pages and content in a Content Management System (CMS) – (ex: Bloomreach)
- Expertise in A/B and other testing methods and experience measuring SEO tactics via these methods
- High level of initiative and proven ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills with the ability to rally teams from across large organizations around clear objectives and key results
- Personal commitment to putting the customer first, prioritizing user experience above search engines and adhering to Google Webmaster Guidelines
- Clear communicator, with the ability to translate technical details to non-technical stakeholders
- Serve as an evangelist for SEO across the Shutterfly and Snapfish brands, working with cross-functional teams to instill SEO best practices, update processes, and improve communication
- Serve as a leader for a team of SEO experts, aiding in career development and coaching
- Plan, develop and implement the overall SEO strategy for Shutterfly and Snapfish, across on and off page content, and technical SEO
- Establish program KPI’s and drive execution to achieve quarterly revenue and customer goals to support overall company growth targets.
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing latest trends and best practices, and communicate those to key stakeholders
- Lead the selection and management of external tools & partner ecosystem
- Work with eComm, Brand, Design, and Editorial teams to implement on-page content optimizations and SEO best practices
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to implement technical SEO optimizations and best practices and build an sustainable approach to building SEO as a core foundation of any build
- Build and optimizing channel operating processes and routines
- Delivering accurate forecasts for how your channel(s) will drive the business
- Budget & resource management for the channel
- Build an organization to support your channel(s) – internal & external
- Create, guide and manage channel reporting and underlying data structure
- Perform competitive and industry benchmarking
- Lead creative process and testing
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $138,100. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.