Sr. Manager, Product Management
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is seeking a principle product management leader to join our diverse order fulfillment software team. In this role, you will partner with business and technology counterparts to create compelling product strategies and product roadmaps that deliver on customer and business needs. Elements of success for this role include strong leadership and vision, creativity, strategic thinking, influencing skills, and technical depth.
- Serve as a product owner, leader and motivator to develop new products and make improvements to existing applications.
- Serve as product owner, leader, and motivator on a cross-functional team.
- Hands-on product management, design, analysis, and systems development from concept through delivery to meet aggressive timelines. Work closely with engineering to balance technical, product and business trade-offs.
- Deliver written product requirements and use cases with prioritized features and corresponding justification. Collaborate and maintain regular communication to refine requirements and provide project status updates.
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs.
- Anticipate and resolve resource gaps, obstacles and timing issues in achieving project goals. Ensure efficient use of company’s resources cross-functionally.
- Collect and analyze key business metrics. Use this data to support the prioritizing and definition of project initiatives, as well as determine the successful deployment and adoption of features.
- 7+ years of product management, systems consulting, or analyst experience working with complex software applications and systems. Experience with digital print applications or high volume transactional systems a plus.
- Motivated, dynamic, creative, and results-oriented.
- History of thriving in an agile product development environment.
- Motivated, creative, learns quickly and results oriented. Comfortable working in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly-scalable applications.
- Experience working closely with engineering to balance technical, product and business trade-offs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams. Know how to influence without authority.
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience writing technical requirements for software systems