At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The Marketplace team is focused on building tools and services for the Artist; bringing their art to life through an easy-to-use platform, state-of-the-art image processing, and distribution channels and strategies that ensure consistency and quality. The Artist Community and Design Marketplace at Spoonflower and Shutterfly is expansive, ever-growing, and rich, and we aspire to be the premier destination for Artists to monetize their creativity.
The Product Owner, Image Processing & Design Distribution will be part of a cross functional scrum team focused on bringing our vision to fruition - specifically in developing our custom image processing platform and making it possible for an Artist to upload a design once and bring it to life across hundreds of products and several channels. We are looking for data led, passionate and highly collaborative product people, energized by delivering a great platform and product to our customers. We encourage both vertical and horizontal scaling of your skills, dependent on where you are in your professional journey, and provide access to projects, technologies, etc as is fitting. If you are interested in joining a dynamic, kind, and collaborative team - we would love to hear from you.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Effectively distill high level initiatives into prioritized product increments, balancing the trade-offs between quality, scope, and time
- Work alongside scrum teams to understand and evangelize the user experience goals and gather functional requirements towards that end goal
- Partner closely with UX and QA to align on clear product requirements - leading to stories, test cases, and acceptance criteria
- Engage and nourish stakeholder and customer relationships to understand moments of delight, opportunities, and pain points in the shopping journey
- Create feature flow diagrams, feature inventories, and other artifacts for project quality and completion
- Identify, pull, and analyze data to support feature prioritization and feature development
- Facilitates Sprint Reviews & Sprint Refinements - increasing transparency of work in flight and quality of end product
- Be a student of user experience and creatively marry industry trends and experiences with the unique product offering of Spoonflower and Shutterfly
- Drive downstream product deliverables associated with a given initiative including business cases, hypotheses, user requirements, and acceptance criteria
- Challenge the organization to be data driven and quality focused; leverage data to help drive decisions, have a mindset focused on continuous process improvement, and champion hypothesis setting, split testing, and rigorous analysis
- Identify and resolve risks, tradeoffs and obstacles, and understand when to engage leadership teams for support
- Define, participate in, and manage processes for bug tracking, triaging, and resolution
Experience & Skills
- 2-4 years of product owner experience in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to manage product backlogs
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge working with Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence, as well as collaboration tools like Miro, Figma, Google Suite, etc
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in baseline analytics concepts - given some time, you can ask the right questions and pull and analyze data to answer them
- Strong partnership and collaboration skills – you appreciate the importance of bringing others along on the journey
- A growth mindset and a bias towards action - you are a lifelong learner and you know how to break a project down into achievable increments, you are not afraid of a blank sheet of paper