Social Media Engagement and Innovation Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We are looking for a high-performing, strategic, and creative Social Media Engagement and Innovation Manager to join our Social Media team. In this role, you report to the Director of PR, Social and Influencer Marketing and will develop and drive strategies to tell the Shutterfly story in new and exciting ways through social media engagement, community management and innovation by building community across all Shutterfly’s social channels.
The ideal candidate is an experienced social media marketer with strong experience managing brand social accounts, a proven track record of success in the engagement, community management, and customer care space with known brands and can speak to building strategies, program management, data and analytics and creative ideation.
The Social Media Engagement and Innovation Manager will be responsible for managing the end-to-end planning, engagement strategy and day-to-day execution of social media and community management. They will continuously evolve our engagement strategy and help the organization innovate by channel to stay on pace with industry trends and execute content that maximizes impact and meets business goals and builds our social community.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This role will focus on meaningful engagement opportunities to proactively and reactively and address concerns, delivering helpful guidance and motivation, identifying opportunities for social engagement, and providing insights and recommendations based on community conversation.
- Lead a team of community and engagement managers day-to-day across the Shutterfly, Inc. portfolio.
- Build strategy and execute how social media engagement programs show up cross-channels including managing timelines, content and production, budgets and consistent execution laddering into company brand strategy.
- Work closely with key internal and external partners to strategically execute social engagement programs and publishing that meet business goals and objectives.
- Partner with customer care closely to provide streamlined and consistent communications for our customers.
- Manage UGC programming and execution.
- Proactively innovate channel strategies as platforms evolve by providing POVs, in partnership with social strategy and paid teams.
- Lead the discovery of real-time customer, brand and influencer opportunities and execute action plans to engage
- Partner with greater organic social media team in brainstorming, creative and strategy meetings to develop content strategies that increase engagement.
- Track KPIs and benchmarks to measure engagement success, present reports and key learnings to business partners in partnership with social strategy team.
- Builds effective relationships with our customers through social, along with all key internal cross-functional partners.
- Proactively stay up to date on industry trends the latest digital and social media industry evolution and share regularly with all key partners.
- Manage social media engagement budget, invoicing, product crediting and payments accurately and quickly.
- Willing to shape the role and be flexible to adapt scope of role based upon opportunistic business needs as industry evolves.
Ideal Candidate Profile and Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of social media experience
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in retail or CPG a plus
- Experience leading community management, social engagement and social media channel innovation.
- A strong-leader with experience managing a team of community managers or related teams.
- Strategic thinking, resourcefulness and creative ideas that breakthrough in the social media space.
- Highly creative with the ability to think out-of-the-box to grow the Shutterfly social community.
- Strong proactive project management and organizational skills.
- Experience working side-by-side across channels and departments and ability to put words into action to meet all goals and needs.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates an ability to work independently, taking the lead on projects and have the ability to forward-think through potential roadblocks.
- Ability to manage through fast-paced (and sometimes ambiguous situations), to quickly get to execution with accuracy and innovation.
- Positive, energetic attitude.
- Ability to thrive in an intense, fast-paced, high-growth, and entrepreneurial startup environment.
- You are endlessly curious, addicted to innovation and constantly seeking ways to elevate the brand as it evolves.
- Motivated and trustworthy self-starter with high efficiency work style, time management, and accountability