Sr. Data Engineer I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join their team!
The Senior Data Engineer plays a key role in the transformation of the organization’s use of data, including the buildout of a modern data warehouse, enhancement of master data management and the expansion of business analytics capabilities.
What You'll Do Here:
- Collaborates with business leaders and other technology teams on design and roadmaps to maximize data and data processes in support of business analytics.
- Influences the technical direction of the team, leveraging prior experience and helping to evaluate emerging technologies and approaches.
- Develops frameworks and applications for large-scale data processing.
- Partners with other business and technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS and other technologies. Including: gathering and processing raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, from internal and external data providers via databases, APIs, FTPs, and messaging services, using batch and real-time data processing frameworks
- Designs, develops, and Implements an end-to-end analytical platform that is flexible, componentized, scalable, secure, and meets business needs.
- Designs and develops data pipelines for business intelligence reporting and analytics, including data needed for data scientists and analysts.
- Builds data pipelines that support the use and expansion of good data practices and data governance (e.g., metadata management, data quality, data modeling, master data management, data administration, security, privacy).
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 5 years of relevant experience in a data analyst, data development, data management, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or data engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent related experience.
- Significant experience doing hands-on data integration development (ETL, ELT, API)
- Knowledge of Advanced SQL and scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl or Ruby)
- Experience building visualized ETL data pipelines in open source tools such as Apache Airflow
- Managing AWS resources
- Familiarity with data visualization and business intelligence tools (like PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects)
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Interested in and pursue knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in data infrastructures
- Experience working with Agile methodologies