Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will manage Shutterfly partnerships which drive new customer acquisition and revenue. Partners will include consumer brands, retailers, branded distribution partners, and mobile partners.
How will you make an impact?
- Identify, structure, negotiate, close, implement, execute and manage relationships with prospective partners including strategic distribution, e-commerce and retail partners
- Conduct analysis, opportunity modeling, and develop screening criteria to drive prospecting activities and evaluate strategic fit of target opportunities
- Manage deal process, contract drafting and coordination with legal counsel
- Work closely with the General Managers to identify opportunities, perform qualitative and quantitative support analyses for business development decisions, and present findings to executives
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to implement partnerships
- Evaluate, develop and execute strategic partner plans with prospective and existing partners
- Report partner program ROI and optimize programs
- Forecast and track all product aspects of any partner marketing campaign
Your success will be because you are/have…
- BA or BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA is a plus
- Prefer 4-6 years of work experience with at least 2 years of experience in a leading strategy consulting firm, corporate development, corporate finance, investment banking, or a similar analytically-intensive position. Prior deal experience is a preferred
- Candidate should possess strong project management skills, and ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment. S/he will have a level of maturity to comfortably and confidently interact with senior-level management (internal and external)
- The Business Development Manager should be able to think strategically and simultaneously see the "big picture" and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to interpret legal documents, draft and negotiate contracts, and work with prospective partnership managers or attorneys to completion
- Strong understanding of basic corporate finance topics, well-developed financial modeling skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, energetic, creative, self-starter looking to have a significant impact on business success
- Passion for the Shutterfly brand and products a plus
Shutterfly's purpose is to help Share Life’s Joy. For over 20 years, Shutterfly has and will continue to empower customers to make the most out of life’s most memorable moments. We delight over 10 million customers, processing over 26 million orders yearly and hosting over 40 billion photos. That is a lot of memories. Memories become stories we pass down through generations.
Where you work with is as important as what you do. Shutterfly’s values guide us in how we Share Life’s Joy. We are warm, inclusive and collaborative; we grow through innovation; we debate important decisions, then fully commit are a few of our values. Who you work with is important too. Shutterfly employees are talented, committed, collaborative and nice too! To learn more about us, go to Shutterfly Inc.