IT Support Administrator
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
We are looking for an IT Support Administrator to join our team! The IT Support Administrator will provide a point of contact for users to receive support within the organization’s manufacturing operation. This includes troubleshooting, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all Linux and Windows systems in a 24/7 fast-paced, dynamic Internet/e-commerce production environment.
The ideal candidate will take ownership of their area and have a clear customer focus, with exceptional communication and people skills, and solid technical abilities. In this role, the IT Support Admin will collaborate within a team of 3-4 application engineers and work independently under minimal supervision. This position will primarily be on site in Tempe, AZ with some opportunity to work remotely.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Focal point for communication and escalation amongst supervisors, technicians, engineering, and Internet operations
- The role provides implementation and support for production printing hardware and software systems
- Configuration and troubleshooting of complex hardware, custom built applications, storage, configuration management and general automation
- The role requires occasional on-call, after hours support and occasional racking of servers and cable management
- Assist software engineering team in developing, testing, deploying, and supporting new systems
- Support 3rd party applications
- Provide training and guidance of contract support prior-to and during peak season
- Provide configuration and troubleshooting for desktop/laptops, printers, and PC peripherals
- Account creation/modification within Windows Active Directory/Microsoft Exchange
- Utilize patch management to ensure PC hardware is current
- Track and maintain internal assets and inventory
- 2-4 years administrating in a Windows operating system environment
- Must be results driven and works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Strong customer service orientation
- Solid working knowledge of Internet standards and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Server and desktop hardware configuration and build experience, familiarity with both hardware of software RAID
- Supporting a build/release process
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated to solve problems; proven troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze problems by type and severity
- Understand complex relationships between components of production systems
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Linux, Cygwin, Apache/Tomcat
- Implement effective Microsoft Windows Group Policies
- Ghost, Big Fix or similar imaging utility/software
- Windows patch management utilities: WSUS/SMS/IBM Big Fix.
- Cisco IOS, LAN/WAN technologies and working knowledge of switches, routers, and firewalls
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.