Custodian – Seasonal
Shift Availability: Evenings 3:40 PM -11:55 PM
At Lifetouch, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 85 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The purpose of this position is to provide general custodial services to maintain and protect our facilities on the 2nd shift. The external and internal appearance of the building reflects on the occupants. It is important for the custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning, and tidying the premises, while providing employees with a clean working environment that promotes a cost-effective, healthy, and safe atmosphere for every person – every day.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning of all common areas, including restrooms, break & lunchrooms, smoking area, aisles, lobby, office areas.
- Operate auto-scrubber to wash walkway areas
- Empty garbage
- Safely operate shredder machine to shred confidential materials
- Strip, re wax and buff tiled floors
- Inventory of cleaning supplies
- Clear entrance and exit doors and apply safety during winter months
- Assist with other production functions as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous custodial experience preferred, but not required
- Availability to work from September - December 2022
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Able to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic computer skills
- Must possess English language skills (speak, read, write).
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic problem-solving skills and willingness to share ideas
- Ability to adapt to various situations, tasks and people.
- Ability to adapt to continuous change with motivation and willingness to learn.
*Please provide a cover letter and updated resume
(Please note candidates who do not meet minimum requirements will not be interviewed. You must provide examples of how you meet the minimum requirements either in your cover letter or resume.)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.