Manager, Business Systems Analyst (Warehouse Operations)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. We are here to fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service. Rent, shoot, return - it's as easy as that!
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, strategic Manager, Business Systems Analyst who is excited to work at the intersection of Operations and technology.
This role will be charged with identifying, prioritizing and implementing system improvements that drive operational efficiency and effectiveness across the warehouse locations. The ideal candidate will bring great communications, both verbal and written, with an ability to design processes, workflow charts and diagrams, study system capabilities and design modifications, translating them into technical requirements. It is a highly cross-functional role that spans all departments and aspects of how we function as a business unit, including across Shutterfly shared services.
BorrowLenses operates as an independent business unit within Shutterfly.
What You'll Do Here:
- Drive operating efficiencies
- Determine operational objectives to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the operations teams by studying the business functions, gathering data, evaluating output, and planning prioritized system improvements.
- Improve systems, costs and efficiency by managing the relevant cross SFLY shared services (supply chain / shipping vendors, IT)
- Develop and measure operating efficiency metrics, educate and be a resource for warehouse leadership and teams on best practices with these KPIs
- Drive labor optimization – evaluate the tradeoffs and ideal labor levels for contractors, PTE and FTE
- Define requirements for vendors (shipping boxes, foam, tech eng supplies), and assess and monitor tradeoffs of internal work vs third party (repairs, foam cutting, etc)
- Partner with SFLY to optimize layouts for warehouse facilities
- Regularly connect with Shutterfly counterparts to takeaway best practices from across the company
- Technical oversight over operational technology:
- Collaborate with GM, BL engineers and cross-functional Shutterfly engineer/technical teams to provide technical oversite over operational technology systems, including helping to evaluate system IT infrastructure, network engineering, and the technical aspects of BL’s operations.
- Project lead all aspects of BL’s platform development including strategic roadmap prioritization, metrics and operations for operations/CCT facing requirements.
- Develop requirements, drive prioritization of features and tradeoffs, and measurement guidelines to accompany releases. Write feature specifications, gather & define requirements and support UAT, working with the engineering team to develop and continually manage a well-groomed backlog.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of relevant experience required, either in operational leadership, product management, or business systems analyst roles.
- Strong experience translating operational and business processes to flows, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying and writing system capabilities
- Solid project management skills
- Proficiency with JIRA or related project management systems desired
- Proficiency with managing technology projects and enterprise operations technology (SAP, Salesforce, Manhattan, etc)
- Exceptional listening, problem solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Good analytical skills and ability to clearly communicate analysis to a broad audience
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and highly detail oriented with the ability to juggle multiple priorities or deadlines
- Experience with or interest in photography or videography is always a plus!
*Working at Shutterfly*
Our employees at Shutterfly are passionate and possess the deeply held belief that a team working for a cause will reach and benefit millions of people. We are looking for those rare individuals who share our passion about building a great company while delighting our customers, partners and fellow employees.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.