Sr. Copywriter, Personalization
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
By helping to capture, preserve, and share life’s joy, Shutterfly connects people to what matters. With a focus on improving our customer engagement and personalization capabilities, we want to further this mission. The Sr. Copywriter, Personalization will be highly visible across the company to deliver against strategic capabilities.
What you'll do here:
- Craft personalized marketing content at scale.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to stand up a content hub that delivers personalized content at scale.
- Utilize test and learn environments in order to drive increased customer engagement and loyalty.
- Use data and machine learning to analyze customer behavior, make decisions and serve content.
- Work backwards with a customer-centric mentality to discover the “why” (the problem we’re trying to solve).
- Be a strong change agent for new, more agile and customer-centric ways of working.
- Participate in content planning brainstorms with information architects, content strategists and designers—define the scope of content needed to deliver on personalization at scale.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, English, Journalism or Communications (portfolio school graduate a huge plus.)
- 5 years of experience in digital creative copywriting.
- Retail/eCommerce experience (agency experience preferred).
- Portfolio showcasing your ability to translate complex information into engaging eCommerce experiences and personalized content that exceed performance metrics.
- Hands-on experience writing across marketing channels with a focus on digital (site, app, email and SEO).
- Experience working with Product, Engineering, Development and UX teams a plus.
- Experience creating messaging matrices and populate copy variations, targeting unique audience segments with relevant content a plus
- Experience writing alongside AI a plus
- Being an advocate for innovation and using new technology a plus.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!