Lifetouch - Seasonal Manufacturing Worker
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 85 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
To meet the needs of our fall production season, we have various manufacturing production positions available for the fall season at our production plant at 1395 Inkster Blvd.
- August & September start dates
- Day positions start at: 7:15 am & 7:30 am Monday - Friday
- Afternoon/Evening positions start at: 3:30 pm & 3:40 pm Sunday – Thursday
The primary purpose of each position will be to assist with various production functions as assigned and require the following skills:
- Demonstrated ability to read and write English
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Use of safe work habits
Qualifications vary depending on the specific area, and may include:
- Computer skills – Basic to Intermediate (including excel proficiency for some positions)
- Alpha numeric & 10 key keyboard experience
- Demonstrated ability to see color. May need to pass standardized color test
- Ability to use image enhancement software (for some positions)
- Basic experience with machine operation.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- May be required to bend, squat, twist, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to lift/carry 5-20lbs; 21-50lbs
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Availability to work from August – October or September - December 2023
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
If you are interested, APPLY TODAY!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.