Sr. Brand Strategy and Customer Experience Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
At Shutterfly, we exist to create the most from life’s moments. To support this purpose, we are seeking a Sr. Manager, Brand Strategy & Customer Experience who will propel Shutterfly forward through clear & distinctive brand strategies, positionings, and overall architecture, to therefore translate into the most meaningful marketing campaigns and end-to-end customer experiences at scale that will drive customer love & audience growth, increase brand relevancy and ultimately deliver near- and long-term business impact, as measured through new and existing customer engagement, market growth, NPS and LTV.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Brand Insights & Strategies for Marketing Campaigns: Serve as translator of the ‘what’ into ‘so whats’ that are inspiring and actionable for creative and media partners through marketing briefs and strategies across brand and category campaigns. Be comfortable gathering insights and intel where needed to inform marketing and experience opportunities.
- Brand Architecture & Brand Positioning: Clearly define ownable & meaningful brand strategy and positioning for Shutterfly flagship brand, resulting in clearly defined Brand Architecture for Shutterfly that is distinctive & scalable. Work with key stakeholders to define Brand Strategies – clear audience target, brand positioning, brand benefits, brand pillars & value propositions (e.g. reasons to believe, points of distinction).
- Translation of Brand Strategy into Key Customer Experience / Customer Journey Imperatives & Innovation Opportunities: Work with key stakeholders to prioritize and apply brand and customer strategies to identify the most important customer experience touchpoints (either existing or new) that will help propel brand goals forward of growth, relevancy, retention and love. Work with transformation office as partners to translate and prioritize opportunities into activation (tests, scale, etc.), as well as marketing organization to translate brand strategy into key pieces for marketing briefs and brand moments.
- Define Roadmap for Brand Strategy & Customer Experience as Continuous Discipline: Establish a collective vision for Brand Strategy with key stakeholders, including capabilities and interdependencies for continuous evolution and growth of brand and customer experience – including necessary tools and support for organizational adoption, brand health measurement, outside/in inspiration, and mechanisms for determining brand strategy evolutions.
Ideal Candidate Profile & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this role …
- Brings Brand Strategy Experience: 10+ years of strategic brand development and marketing experience for consumer-facing brand, DTC and retail preferred, either in-house or agency welcome. Previous experience with lifestyle, portfolio and/or ‘love’ brands is desired.
- Thrives in a Growth Environment: Ability to thrive in an intense, fast-paced, high-growth, and entrepreneurial startup environment
- Brings People Along: High EQ and ability to clearly communicate and collaborate, with strong team-orientation (“we” vs “me”) resulting in a collective vision with path forward that excites the organization
- Is Culturally Curious: Highly curious, constantly learning about the consumer and eyeing trends, and energized by connecting the dots across disparate sources to identify new brand opportunities. Is comfortable talking with customers and leading discovery work to make all work human-centered by design.
- Deeply Understands Brand: Sees the bigger picture, able to zoom out and understand the pieces that impact end-to-end brand experience. Brings new ways of working, tools and insights to Shutterfly that accelerate our Brand Strategy discipline.
- Is Comfortable with Numbers & Feelings: Can pull in best of right brain & left brain thinking and work across diverse data sets including existing quantitative performance data across customer journey, emotional human responses from consumer research, and trend data from market signals to stitch together toward a larger ‘so what’. Is also comfortable identifying where we have gaps in data/insights and working with appropriate partners to establish.
- Doesn’t Get Stuck in Strategy: Understands when to stay in strategy and when to switch into turning insights into action. Is willing to flex when required to drive work forward.
- Is Motivated & Trustworthy: Self-starter with high efficiency work style, time management, and accountability. Strong communication skills to keep partners, leaders and stakeholders up to date with the most relevant and important pieces of information and updates.