Financial Analyst II
At Shutterfly, Inc., our mission is to help share life’s joy as the leading e-commerce retailer and manufacturing platform for personalized products and communications. With the recent acquisitions of Lifetouch and Snapfish, and the take-private transaction by Apollo Global Management, we are embarking on a new phase of growth, focused on delighting our customers with our award-winning photo books, gifts, home decor, premium cards, invitations and stationery, as well as a seamless customer experience and digital creation process.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Consumer FP&A team, who will play a pivotal role in driving and managing Shutterfly’s financial performance. This is a highly visible role within a relatively flat organization – someone who wants to ramp up quickly and be an influential voice on the team will find success!
The Financial Analyst role will require a high-energy detail-oriented individual, adept at working through large data sets, structuring analyses, and communicating key takeaways. The role also provides a great opportunity to work with business partners across the organization and learn the inner workings of a sizeable and highly successful e-commerce brand and operation.
What You'll Do Here:
- Partner and collaborate with executives across the company and provide them with strategic insights and data-driven recommendations for their most critical business issues
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, which include category dashboards, key metrics, financial results, and variance
- Provide support with preparation of financial plan, forecasts and budget
- Identify initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- Prepare and enhance quarterly executive management reporting packages
- Support acquisition due diligence and integration efforts
What You'll Bring:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a variety of different cross-functional teams and build strong working relationships with key constituents across the organization
- Financial modeling and analysis techniques including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical thinking with an excellent ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks, and to use data to drive strategic objectives and priorities
- Strong drive for data integrity, process definition, and organizational alignment.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or other related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in a Finance role at medium to large size company, public or private
- Passion for consumer-facing e-commerce brands, growth and category management
- Familiarity and experience with Shutterfly products and brands
- Experience with SQL and Hyperion Essbase
Position reports to the Sr. Director, Corporate FP&A also based in Redwood City, CA
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!