VP, Strategic Business Development & Partnerships
The Vice President of Strategic Business Development & Partnerships is a new role pivotal to our growth strategy and responsible for all new and existing partnership programs across the Shutterfly, Inc, with particular focus on comprehensive merchandising, marketing and strategic partnerships critical to driving business growth. These partnerships are designed to drive increased growth in our current customer base but more importantly, expanding to new audiences while driving retention and AOV. In addition, this role is critical in driving new and continued relevance of the Shutterfly brand at the intersection of digital, technology, retail, manufacturing and consumer relationships. This includes development of new strategic relationships that will achieve core business objectives, cultivation and maintenance of existing partnerships including strategic retail and digital partners, and partner in lead development for our Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS). As the leader of Business Development, this role will partner with Marketing, Merchandising, Product Management and Manufacturing to build and develop strong partner relationships through a combination of existing network, M&A opportunities, strategic relationships and utilizing internal networking opportunities across the Apollo Global Management portfolio of companies and partners.
Specifically, this role will:
- Strategically identify and evaluate possible partnerships and relationships with key third parties in partnership with the relevant Business leaders
- Build a team that supports account management for business development
- Lead the process of negotiating these third-party partnerships and integrating them into the relevant business team(s)
- Serve as the lead for all possible portfolio partnerships, evaluating these partnerships and developing the appropriate implementation approach
- Oversee the work to assess other possible external opportunities, including identified target groups and relevant industry, technology, and customer trends in the marketplace
- Lead the work to coordinate and project/task manage integration priorities internally and with the management team of the target company
This leader will also drive the work to maintain and retain key strategic partnerships. Specifically, this role will:
- Collaborate with manufacturing, operations, customer support teams and external customers to drive operational efficiencies through technology
- Collaborate with business leads to ensure success of existing business
- Anticipate and resolve resource gaps, obstacles, and timing issues. Ensure efficient use of company resources cross-functionally. Drive innovation at the project level with business impact.
- Spot and creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues.
- Lead the development of detailed integration plans and milestones.
- Assist in the creation and tracking of an integration budget.
- Prepare for regular integration execution update meetings (e.g., Executive Steering Committee).
- BA/BS degree with strong emphasis on Finance, Business, Economics, or other related fields. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of related experience. Proven analytical skills. Financial planning/forecasting and valuation experience.
- Intellectual agility. Great thinker on both a strategic and tactical level. Excellent decision-making skills and a result-oriented mindset.
- Ability to hire and retain top talent and provide a team environment that aligns with the Shutterfly culture and values.
- Can-do attitude and strong bias to action. Always seeking to improve through change and innovation. Extremely entrepreneurial and always generating ideas.
- Passionately quantitative/analytical and detail oriented.
- Proven success in collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams