Sr. Software Engineer I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is looking for a Senior backend Engineer. Shutterfly leads the industry in design, service and innovation. We achieve this through cutting-edge technology, uncompromising service and high-quality products that are beautiful and unique. You will join a team of talented engineers to work in a variety of services and store infrastructure initiatives.
- Design and implementation of various micro services for a scalable, next-gen ecommerce platform
- Collaborate with product managers, interface designers, operations, and other members of the project team in requirements specification, feasibility analysis, detailed engineering analysis, development estimates, and release planning
- Identify and implement software engineering best practice
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, MS preferred
- Solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and operating systems
- Ability to use and understand debugging and monitoring tools like Splunk, Grafana etc.
- At least 3 years of website development experience with proficiency in latest versions of HTML5, XML, CSS3, Java and Microservice frameworks such as Spring boot.
- Experience with Java 8, Spring, Maven, Git
- Experience with API design and API management solutions like APIGee etc.,
- Experience working with unit test tools such as TestNG
- Experience with relational databases and working experience with NoSQL.
- Experience in large-scale consumer web site development, and leveraging content delivery networks
- Experience with working in an agile environment.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and debugging skills - ability to dive deep, find your way, and modify a very large code base
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience with AWS (SQS, Lambdas, S3) and Kubernetes