Lead Production Specialist
Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for an Operations - Production Lead to join our team.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Oversees and serves as a subject matter expert for the movement of information and materials prior to and after picture day, and related administrative functions to ensure effective and efficient pre & post picture day operations. Oversees and provides day to day direction on production activities performed by Operations Specialists.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and performs the day-to-day operations of job production including, job bag assembly, subject card printing and sorting, subject data (EDT) processing, marketing materials, product support, office administration and support as well as shipping and receiving.
- Establishes and maintains a Lean process flow to maximize efficiencies.
- Monitors and prioritizes work flow to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Communicates with processing labs, as needed, to work through job problems related to work-in-progress at the labs.
- Coordinates and assess the job production resources to provide adequate coverage for all jobs production tasks.
- Ensures efficient operations of the staff by assessing the effectiveness of daily tasks through coaching the team members.
- May assist the Operations Manager and/or Area Photographic Operations Manager with recruiting, staffing, on-boarding, training and development, establishing goal objectives, and performance management.
- In conjunction with LNSS guidelines, assists the Operations Manager and/or Area Photographic Operations Manager or Territory Manager in carrying out area policies and procedures related to job production and ensuring compliance. Assists in the communication of policies and procedures to all employees affected. Assists with ensuring that very strict procedural compliance is achieved in concert with high productivity results.
- Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Represents Lifetouch in a professional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and area policies and displays confidence and professionalism even during times of stress and in difficult situations.
- Ability to work as a working lead to manage workflow.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- H.S Diploma or general education degree (GED) required, 4-year degree preferred.
- Proven computer skills including using spreadsheet applications, word processing and some form of database.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Area Photographic Operations Manager
- Territory Manager
- Operations Manager
- Photography and Operations employees
- Production Specialists
- Processing labs and Account Executives
- Plant team members