Director Corporate Strategic Planning (Finance)
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
Shutterfly is looking for a Director of Corporate Strategic Planning to join our Corporate Planning & Analysis Finance team. The Director will be responsible for leading the creation and execution of the 3-5 year Vision, Strategic and Annual Operating Plans and investment analysis of key corporate initiatives. This role will be a key leader on the Finance team reporting to the Vice President Corporate Planning and working with the CFO, CEO and multiple executive staff members to provide them with financial plans and business cases to support critical long-term business decisions and goals. This position is also responsible for liquidity, cash conversion and covenant planning, business management system and implementation of a new cloud-based financial planning system and real-time decision tools.
The Director role will require strategic thinking and a results-oriented individual who is adept at partnering with senior business leaders, managing teams, working cross functionally, and driving process improvements.
What You’ll Do Here:
Strategic and Annual Operating Plans and Budgets:
· Partner with senior business leadership and finance teams to drive long-term and annual growth, P&L, business results and cash conversion cycle
· Create and manage the Corporate Strategic, Annual Operating and Budget Planning calendar and process across the company
· Analyze industry trends, growth opportunities, competitive threats, capital allocation alternatives and work with senior leaders to set the strategic vision, goals, targets, KPIs and mission. Ensure plans align with objective to IPO with maximum valuation.
· Develop financial models to forecast, analyze, evaluate opportunities and risks and consolidate business unit plans to recommend capital allocation.
· Drive strategic initiatives that support long-term growth and profitability plans. These may involve mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures analysis.
· Prepare plan presentations and present to senior executives, investors, and BOD
· Work closely with CFO, Corporate Short-term FP&A, Value Creation Office, M&A, Business units, Manufacturing, Treasury and Accounting Finance teams and business partners to make strategic capital allocation decisions which optimize returns on investment and capital efficiency
· Ad-hoc business case analysis to support leadership decisions
Liquidity and Cash Management:
· Manage financial modeling of monthly and projected company liquidity and bank covenant compliance based on company results and cash conversion cycle
· Present and recommend actions to improve liquidity, CCC and covenant compliance
· Work with Treasury, Accounting and senior Finance teams
Financial Planning System:
· Lead evaluation, planning and implementation of new cloud-based Financial Planning & Analysis, Enterprise Performance and Decision Management system.
· Current plans are a phased implementation of cloud-based Oracle EPM running on top of SAP ERP to replace on premises Hyperion and provide advanced planning, real-time financial, accounting and business information
· Lead development and implementation of a direct charge operating expense methodology and system to distribute cost to business and product P&Ls.
Business Management System:
· Evaluate the current executive, BOD and investor Business Management System and recommend improvements to share information, develop plans and support decision making. This includes agendas, content, templates, participants, and frequency.
· Manage team to create strategies, plans, analysis and presentations for executive meetings, BOD, and investors.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
· Bachelor's degree in Finance. MBA preferred
· 15 or more years’ experience with relevant Strategic Planning, Corporate, P&L management experience. Executive management experience
· Excellent communications skills and strong executive presence
· Strong planning and prioritization skills (individually and for the team)
· Ability to identify, hire and strengthen the Strategic Planning team
· Strong strategic thinking and results orientation with bias for action, including a high degree of initiative in understanding business needs and leading others to meet those needs
· Excellent financial modeling, Excel, PowerPoint, and analytical skills
· Experience in e-commerce, on-line marketplaces, technology, and digital printing industries preferred
· Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures skills a plus
· Expertise with Hyperion system, Oracle EPM and SAP/ERP preferred
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.