At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. BorrowLenses.com leads the nation in online camera and video equipment rentals. Our mission is to advance the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service.
As an Inventory Specialist, your job is to support a number of other departments throughout the day and keep our inventory accurate through the entire process. High attention to detail, elevated multi-tasking skills, on the run problem solving and working well under pressure are skills and talents that applicants must possess in order to become a successful Inventory Specialist. What else lands on the plate of an Inventory Specialist? See below:
What You'll Do Here:
- Pulling camera gear for orders with both extreme accuracy and a sense of urgency
- Respond to and assist employees when requested, while also being able to prioritize different workloads
- Work on all other inventory related projects when assigned by the supervisor (cycle counts, re‐shelving of clean gear, barcoding, spot checking, and other duties as assigned)
- Participate in a quarterly Physical Inventory (PI) counts on the weekend‐ whereby the entire inventory will be counted in one sitting
- Prepare gear for walk‐in customers
- 1-2 years of retail or relevant retail inventory experience
- Working with E-Commerce, E-merchant, or rental company is a plus
- Inventory background: Retail inventory experience in required. The more the better!
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to take direction well
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced team environment is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels is a must (in person, through email, over the phone, etc.)
- Lastly, you must have a positive attitude and drive to succeed!
- 1-2 years of photography or videography shooting experience
- College degree
- Hands-on experience with digital SLR camera and/or video equipment (Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc.)