Bindery & Finishing Technician Specialist (Full-Time)
Searching for high level Bindery talent for our state of the art facility in Shakopee, MN. Relocation assistance potentially available!
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. With over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly in our state-of-the-art facilities.
Reasons you'll love working at Shutterfly:
- Relocation assistance is potentially available
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks to start) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for pay increases
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- Casual, relaxed attire
- Competitive Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
What you'll do here:
- Performs maintenance on high speed Bindery and Finishing equipment including Muller Martini (Acoro, Alegro, Diamant, Horauf, Vareo, Merit, Sigma), MBO cutters, Standard Horizon finishing equipment, LaserMax, and other equipment including UV Coaters, sewers, stitchers, cutters, laminators, etc.
- Perform electrical, mechanical, chemical, and consumables diagnostics and repair
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others, cross-functionally and act as a mentor on the team
- Escalate for critical equipment & decision-making needs
- Preventative Maintenance audits and task prioritization
- Dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and technical drawings escalation to equipment vendors
- Inventory control, purchasing, parts tracking
- Adherence to OSHA policies
- Partner with production staff and management team to ensure optimum equipment “up-time” levels are achieved
The skills you'll bring:
- Highly skilled in maintenance of high speed Bindery and Finishing equipment listed above with a minimum of 4 years OR equivalent experience
- Technical certifications for relevant equipment preferred
- Experience planning, performing and documenting routine technical maintenance, unassisted
- Experience performing maintenance on high voltage equipment (480V)
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment and must be willing to work on all shifts, as needed
- Thorough understanding of process control and troubleshooting of recurring or intermittent issues
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple priorities in a changing environment and develop effective solutions
- Able to stand for long periods of time (12 hours+), lift up to 50 lbs., crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn new things
- Able to work in a culturally diverse environment