Director Shutterfly FP&A (Director Finance)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
With the recent acquisition of Snapfish, and the take-private transaction by Apollo Global Management, we are embarking on a new phase of growth, focused on delighting our customers with our award-winning photo books, gifts, home decor, premium cards, invitations and stationery, as well as a seamless customer experience and digital creation process.
We are looking for a Finance Director to join our Consumer FP&A team in Redwood City, CA, who will play a pivotal role in driving and managing Shutterfly’s financial performance.
The Director role will require a high-energy, hands-on and results-driven professional adept at developing cross-functional partnerships and leading teams. The position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the senior executive team. Additionally, this role requires a high degree of business acumen with a strong understanding of operational, financial and accounting concepts.
What You'll Do Here:
- Partner and collaborate with executives across the company and provide them with strategic insights and data-driven recommendations for their most critical business issues
- Own the quarterly and annual revenue budgeting process, providing clear direction and guidance to various teams to deliver forecast in timely and efficient manner
- Provide oversight and leadership to category finance teams for weekly outlook process and in-quarter revenue management; provide consolidated summary perspectives to executive staff when required
- Work closely with e-commerce, pricing, promotion and marketing teams to comprehend current in-market offering and implications on financial forecast
- Provide mentorship and direction to broader team of managers and analysts
- Support the development of Shutterfly’s strategy and long-term strategic priorities. Lead financial and data analysis in support of strategic objectives across the entire business, including product strategy, manufacturing and operations, and cash flow management
- Prepare quarterly reporting packages for executive staff, shareholders, and lenders
- Support in M&A due diligence and integration efforts
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with a sizable consumer-facing e-commerce or retail brand (e.g., consumer products, apparel, hospitality, travel, etc.) in a Finance or Business Operations capacity
- Ability to work well in a variety of different cross-functional teams and build strong working relationships with key constituents across the organization
- Financial modeling and analysis techniques including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical thinking with an excellent ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks, and to use data to drive strategic objectives and priorities
- Strong drive for data integrity, process definition, and organizational alignment.
- 12+ years of broad-based, progressive financial analysis experience
- Prior equity research, investment banking, corporate development, M&A, business development, and/or corporate strategy experience will be highly valued
- Cash flow forecasting experience, including income statement, balance sheet and working capital, will be highly valued
- Experience with Hyperion, Oracle and/or SAP is a plus
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.