Manager, Software Quality Engineering
Quality Engineering Manager is responsible for hands on management of QE engineers and their deliverables. QE Manager ensures strategic planning, development, and implementation of QE processes and efficient scaling of the team.
- Provide hands on leadership to QE engineers and play an integral role in complete end to end verification of Shutterfly software systems and components.
- Plan, execute, and manage complex integration-level system tests with multiple dependencies.
- Encourage skill and career growth development within the QE team in parallel with ongoing mentorship and support.
- Provide continuous risk assessment and timely escalation of software quality concerns, be an advocate for process improvements, as well as individual contributor.
- Work closely with product owners and developers to meet QE commitments and align delivery priorities with business objectives.
- Participate in, building, and maintaining data-driven test automation tools and frameworks using clean coding practices and functional programming methodologies.
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product issues or defects.
- Evangelize new testing methodologies, best practices and tools with goals to continuously improve test coverage through both manual and automated processes.
- Establish tight collaboration and feedback loops between various teams to improve the release process and maximize resource utilization in a fast paced environment.
- 5+ years of experience with hands on management of QE deliverables as well as managing QE engineers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience testing both front-end and server-side functionality of complex systems
- 2+ years of experience developing automation frameworks and harnesses using programming and scripting languages.
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Solid knowledge of QE methodologies, test planning, system dependencies, and product integration phases
- Recent hands-on experience with front-end test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium, Appium, Gatling and others.
- Extensive working knowledge of relational databases and API testing.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Experience implementing and administering contemporary software quality process, test plans, high-level test automation strategy, metrics, defect profiles, and performance entry/criteria.