Learning and Development Specialist
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day”, Lifetouch has captured the unique personalities of children and families for more than 85 years.
The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for the assessment, design, development, delivery, and evaluation of learning solutions that support Lifetouch’s field organization and drive operational excellence, with an emphasis on creating and maintaining innovative and engaging learning content. This position will lead complex training projects focused on aligning learning solutions with business priorities, and will develop productive partnerships with business owners and subject matter experts across all business lines as needed, with an emphasis on operations processes and systems. Additionally, this role will support the future implementation and maintenance of a Learning Management System (LMS).
What You’ll Do Here:
- Collaborate with business leaders and subject matter experts to understand operational business needs/objectives and assess learning gaps.
- Manage cross-functional and multifaceted training projects, driving alignment and action.
- Design, develop and deliver materials that support training objectives, core processes, and performance management.
- Create repeatable, blended training programs that include virtual, instructor-led, onsite coaching, e-learning, video, and written deliverables.
- Track and monitor training effectiveness, and take appropriate action to address gaps.
- Provide administrative support for future Learning Management System (LMS).
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Training and Development, Education, Instructional Design, Communications, or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years Learning & Development/Instructional Design experience.
- Experience with learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline/Rise, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, etc.
- Experience developing dynamic learning solutions and materials using the ADDIE model and other best practices.
- Experience conducting gap analyses and needs assessments.
- Experience with a variety of evaluation techniques and methodologies to measure learner’s success and propose modifications for learning effectiveness.
- Experience planning and managing large, cross-functional projects.
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Knowledge and experience with adult learning theory and its practical application in a business environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, resourceful, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and goals.
- Consultative approach, demonstrating credibility, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, relationship-building, and influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels within the organization, driving alignment and action.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong facilitating and presenting skills.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of Learning Management System (LMS) processes
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.