Shift Manager - Premanufacturing
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
**Candidate must have flexibility to work day or evening shift, as well as some Saturdays.
What You’ll Do Here
- Partner closely with the Preproduction Manager to ensure overall safety, cost, quality, delivery and employee engagement goals are established, tracked, and achieved thru continuous improvement activities and lean initiatives.
- Provide leadership that drives positive employee engagement and teamwork across all Preproduction shifts, and all Shutterfly production and related support activities.
- Provide Preproduction Lead and other hourly associate leadership support, ensuring performance expectations are developed collaboratively and well understood with timely performance feedback provided.
- Develop the technical skills, leadership skills, and business acumen of the Preproduction team.
- Assist in the introduction and implementation of new technologies, processes, methods, products and services as needed.
- Lead and participate in safety, quality, delivery, customer service and productivity initiatives, both within the site and in conjunction with other sites as necessary.
- Work in conjunction with other sites to drive “best way” continuous improvement culture and process standardization.
- Develop and maintain standard operational procedure documentation and support training initiatives as needed.
The Skills You’ll Bring
· Minimum 5 years of experience in high volume process manufacturing that utilizes state-of-the-art systems and processes.
· Experience leading or participating in process improvement initiatives.
· Minimum 3 years in a leadership capacity
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Broad and in-depth knowledge of production processes.
· Proven skills in building strategy and leading projects.
· A hands-on leadership approach with a strong production floor presence.
· Excellent communications skills: Ability to articulate ideas, delegate, direct, motivate and train team across all levels of the organization.
It is helpful, but not required to have
- LEAN certification desirable
- Demonstrated skills in independent decision making