IT Support Administrator (Onsite)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The IT Support Administrator role is to provide a point of contact for users to receive support within the organization’s manufacturing operation. This includes troubleshooting, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all Linux and Windows systems in a 24/7 fast-paced, dynamic Internet/e-commerce production environment.
The ideal candidate must take ownership of their area and have a clear customer focus, exceptional communication and people skills, and solid technical abilities. The candidate must be able to work effectively within a team of 3-4 application engineers and work independently under minimal supervision. The candidate must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical persons, have strong analytical, written, oral and presentations skills, and be a self-starter with a collaborative spirit.
- Focal point for communication and escalation amongst supervisors, technicians, engineering, and Internet operations
- The role provides implementation and support for production printing hardware and software systems
- Configuration and troubleshooting of complex hardware, custom built applications, storage, configuration management and general automation
- The role requires 24/7 on-call support and occasional racking of servers and cable management
- Assist software engineering team in developing, testing, deploying, and supporting new systems
- Support 3rd party applications
- Provide training and guidance of contract support prior-to and during peak season
- Provide configuration and troubleshooting for desktop/laptops, printers, and PC peripherals
- Account creation/modification within Windows Active Directory/Microsoft Exchange
- Utilize patch management to ensure PC hardware is current
- Track and maintain internal assets and inventory
- 1-2 years administrating in a Windows operating system environment
- Must be results driven and works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Strong customer service orientation
- Solid working knowledge of Internet standards and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Server and desktop hardware configuration and build experience, familiarity with both hardware of software RAID
- Supporting a build/release process
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated to solve problems; proven troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze problems by type and severity
- Understand complex relationships between components of production systems
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Linux, Cygwin, Apache/Tomcat
- Experience with Python and UNIX shell scripting
- Implement effective Microsoft Windows Group Policies
- Fog or similar imaging utility/software
- Experience troubleshooting manufacturing workflows
- Windows patch management utilities: WSUS/SMS/IBM Big Fix
- Cisco IOS, LAN/WAN technologies and working knowledge of switches, routers, and firewalls
NOTE: The scheduled working hours for this role will vary based on business needs.