At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The role of the Facilities Technician is to provide building and facilities maintenance support to Spoonflower’s 100,000 sq. ft. manufacturing factory. The focus of this position will be on the building maintenance of a 24/7 manufacturing facility. This position will be required to work onsite in our factory building and will report to the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager.
- 100% company paid medical premiums for the employee and their family
- 93% of qualifying medical expenses covered by the company
- 401K with company match
- 120 hours of PTO a year
- 88 hours of flexible holiday pay
- $75 Monthly Creativity Benefit
- Performing routine preventive maintenance. Maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings.
- Performing large and small repairs around the factory. This includes minor carpentry, plumbing and
- Performing basic facilities repairs such as unclogging toilets, repairing door handles, repairing furniture
and assisting with moving furniture & office space set ups.
- Performing routine sanitation and disinfection of common spaces throughout the factory.
- Assisting the machine maintenance technicians with machine maintenance activities when needed.
- Assisting production employees with operational tasks such as disposing of excess fabric, moving orders,
and other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Responding quickly to emergency situations.
- Keeping floors and walkways clear as needed for safe, efficient operations.
- Removing debris and properly discard throughout the factory.
- Assisting office manager and EHS manager with facilitating factory repairs.
- Participating and supporting the EHS manager in factory safety initiatives and programs including Hazard Communication (SDS documentation), machinery safety and reporting safety issues.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with colleagues and vendors. Professionally
resolves any conflicts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer literacy for operation of our internal and shipping software, and admin functions
using iPads and computers.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a facilities maintenance position or handyperson position
- Base knowledge and experience with carpentry, plumbing and electrical work
- Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and MRP systems also a plus.