Sr. Pricing Analyst
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
As a Pricing & Promotions Analyst you will partner closely with key business leaders across ecommerce, merchandising, and marketing to determine strategies, set-up test plans, and execute programs.
What You’ll Do Here
· Develop, plan and recommend pricing and discounting actions that drive additional revenue and profit for the company.
· Support the pricing team in modeling revenue and margin opportunities and forecasting.
· Provide insights into new segmentations or targeting opportunities and create actionable plans to integrate these insights into actionable strategies.
· Develop innovative methods and tools for reviewing, analyzing, forecasting and presenting pricing performance metrics.
· Run extensive analysis on promotional and list price changes, targeted campaign performance, new customer trends, and acquisition price strategy to maximize long-term growth.
· Ensure S&H prices are optimized across all shipping methods, including International shipments.
· Drive development of quantitative models necessary for the evaluation and implementation of new pricing strategies.
· Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Create and maintain competitive pricing and promo model as a resource for key stakeholders in the company.
· Work cross functionally with other groups to translate strategies into specific pricing programs
The Skills You’ll Bring
· BA/BS required with a strong quantitative / analytical background
· 2 - 5+ years of experience in an analytical role within Finance, Marketing, Business Operations, or similar functional area
· SQL/database query skills required
· Power user of Excel and PowerPoint
· Highly strategic, quantitative and analytical
· Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multi-disciplinary teams
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
· Motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented
· Retail and/or Ecommerce experience a plus, but not required
· Experience with a business intelligence reporting tool (Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.) a plus, but not required
· Experience in an analytical role within Finance, Marketing, or similar functional area a plus, but not required
· Experience with forecasting revenue a plus, but not required
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!