Performance Analyst - Marketing
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Lifetouch has a key opening for a Performance Analyst. The primary role will be to analyze digital marketing performance (Channel & Site), and develop innovative solutions through data analysis, metrics creation, and dashboard development. The roles will help shape strategic business direction and work to guide optimal performance across all business units. The candidate should have a combination of analytic skills, business acumen, and interpersonal and communication skills.
Lifetouch; a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze digital marketing channel performance and develop metrics to successfully measure channel effectiveness
- Analyze site performance and develop metrics to successfully measure site effectiveness.
- Identifies opportunities and successful tactics in the digital marketing process
- Build metrics that measure marketing channel & site effectiveness
- Create reports & dashboards that communicate digital marketing performance
- Analyze site traffic, device, and conversion trends to identify improvement opportunities
- Analyze paid channel spend and develop metrics to improve performance
- Analyze organic channel effectiveness and develop metrics to improve performance
- Analyze overall site performance
- Helps to evaluate & measure new, and existing channel partner performance
- Helps to teams to understand site traffic changes and the factors contributing to the change
- Reviews cross functional marketing channels and provide teams meaningful insights to improve performance
- Explores marketing data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends to improve performance
- Research opportunities to continuously improve our digital marketing performance
- Present analysis to cross functional teams to help make better data driven decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Finance or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in business intelligence or analytics
- 4+ years of experience with SQL queries for data analysis
- 2+ years of experience working with a BI tool (Preferably one of the following Qlik, PowerBI, & Tableau)
- Experience in extracting data & reports from Salesforce
- Experience in extracting data & reports from digital marketing applications such as Google Analytics, Facebook, Google Adwords, Adobe Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, look-up formulas) and PowerPoint
- Exceptional analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail; highly accurate and thorough in all tasks
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience managing and working in a team-oriented, collaborative and cross-functional setting
- Attention to detail and time management to deliver high quality work for multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to draw conclusions/insights and translate those findings to develop recommendations for leadership action
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong learning capability to adapt to ever changing technologies and techniques
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Understanding and experience with retail and production business analysis and processes